Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default FO vent vapor trap

I like Rich's idea about putting a vapor trap on the FO vent line, at least
during storage (I notice he said he removed his while cruising).

I went to look for som Silica Gel today and all I could find was Calcium
Chloride which was being sold in 1/2 gallon packs as a moisture absorber.
Any reason not to use that except that it isn't reusable?

I would just run a hose from my sounding tube to the container with just a
pin hole in it for any air pressure changes. Since the boat is on the hard
and the tanks are not being filled or emptied, any air volume changes are
going to be very slow.

--
Roger Long

Bruce has fallen into the trap. Wilbur Hubbard Cruising 19 August 26th 07 10:59 AM
Corolla Death Trap! Capt. Rob ASA 10 June 1st 06 10:25 PM
Whale Trap Bart Senior ASA 13 August 27th 04 05:09 AM
Why the POLITICAL CLAP TRAP?? da Tank Engine General 9 February 4th 04 07:11 PM