Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising

Default Top heavy?

I've got an old boat very much like this one:

http://www.warnersdock.com/images/Fr...fores15yel.JPG

that I'm trying to make into a mini-houseboat,
sort of like a camper. I only expect to have
about 200-300 pounds in the roof and walls,
and the roof will only be about 48" above
the gunwale. The hull will weigh a *lot* more
than what is added, so shouldn't that alone
be enough to keep it from being top heavy
and flipping over? If I add weight, like a
couple hundred pound bags of sand down
in the hull to counterballance, shouldn't
that take care of it? If so, should they
be placed on the sides, or in the center?

Top heavy? David[_3_] General 26 July 12th 08 01:28 AM
Standby for heavy rolls RCE General 25 May 11th 06 08:37 PM
we kill the heavy cobbler Guido ASA 0 April 22nd 05 10:15 AM
Silverton 322 - Top heavy? LJ General 3 July 16th 04 05:00 AM
Heavy Air Bobsprit ASA 132 September 25th 03 01:10 AM