Bobsprit

Default Heavy Air

Well, no J24 sailing today! It's picking up out there. A 3rd of the boats were
pulled at my club, but I stayed in. Doubled and trippled the lines, added more
fenders, plus a big round one at the stern. The breakwater was awash, but she
seems fine. Gusts to 40 thus far, or so I'm told. May be above 50 later
tonight, so I'll probably make another trip over there at around 4 am.
The bad part of all this is that I'm hearing we'll have very little wind for
the weekend!

Capt RB
Capt. Mooron

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Gusts to 40 thus far, or so I'm told. May be above 50 later
| tonight, so I'll probably make another trip over there at around 4 am.

For gawds sake Bob... I've sailed 40 miles from Mahone Bay to Prospect in
worse conditions than that!
what a friggin wimp!

CM

Bobsprit

For gawds sake Bob... I've sailed 40 miles from Mahone Bay to Prospect in
worse conditions than that!

You left a safe harbor to bring your vessel into 40-50 knot winds?
You are NOT a responsible sailor.

Capt RB

Capt. Mooron

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
| For gawds sake Bob... I've sailed 40 miles from Mahone Bay to Prospect in
| worse conditions than that!
|
| You left a safe harbor to bring your vessel into 40-50 knot winds?
| You are NOT a responsible sailor.

Good Lord Man!... we left not only a safe harbour... but did it with a crew
of 5 drinking beer and later Lamb's Navy overproof rum and coffee to cut the
chill as Overproof pressed hard and screamed along under a triple reefed
main and my 110 jib reefed to 90. Not one single boat did we see out there.
At no time did anyone aboard get wet from spray or wave and by the Gods...
the breakers on Peggy's Cove were so high they prevented access to the
lighthouse... 120 meters from the sea.

You would have crapped your drawers if you saw how well we handled the 20
foot breaking rollers at Prospect Head while entering the harbour. Never
pooped by any of the several breakers behind us and there is no feeling in
the world to match Overproof's side to side dance when she's atop a wave
prior to decent into the trough. 42 nautical miles dock to dock in 4 hours
and 15 minutes. Reach out and broad reach in.... and yes we ran a hard chart
plot and nav log enroute. We even sailed away from and to the dock... engine
hours = 15 minutes at idle.

So Kiss My Grits you Lame Yankee Sunday Sailor!!!!

CM

Capt. Mooron

He's plain scared!!!
He probably has 200 fenders tied to his boat!

CM

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| Why do you have a fender on the stern? Are you stern in or
| are you afraid of other boats hitting you in the slip?
|
| "Bobsprit" wrote in message
| Well, no J24 sailing today! It's picking up out there. A 3rd of the
boats
| were
| pulled at my club, but I stayed in. Doubled and trippled the lines,
added
| more
| fenders, plus a big round one at the stern. The breakwater was awash,
but
| she
| seems fine. Gusts to 40 thus far, or so I'm told. May be above 50 later
| tonight, so I'll probably make another trip over there at around 4 am.
| The bad part of all this is that I'm hearing we'll have very little wind
| for
| the weekend!
|
| Capt RB

Bobsprit

Good Lord Man!... we left not only a safe harbour... but did it with a crew
of 5 drinking beer and later Lamb's Navy overproof rum and coffee to cut the
chill as Overproof pressed hard and screamed along under a triple reefed
main and my 110 jib reefed to 90. Not one single boat did we see out there.

You didn't see another boat because good sailors don't invite disaster by
taking their vessels into such conditions.
It's one thing to encounter bad weather on a trip. It's utterly poor sailing to
bring a boat out into 50 knots for no good reason.
Of course we know you did no such thing. I can appreciate your level of
frustration at this point, Mooron. We all get some bad luck in our lives. Hang
in there.

RB
Bobsprit

Are you stern in or
are you afraid of other boats hitting you in the slip?

Protect the stern from other boats. When I read comments from Mooron, I have
zero confidence in the boating skills of others.

RB
Bobsprit

He probably has 200 fenders tied to his boat!

Nope. Just 5. The other 195 are tied to the dock.

RB
Capt. Mooron

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

| Of course we know you did no such thing. I can appreciate your level of
| frustration at this point, Mooron. We all get some bad luck in our lives.
Hang
| in there.

You wish..... October 4th, 2001... even had 2 Yanks aboard... Brian and his
son Josh!

CM