Brian D

Default When You Hear The Heavy Accent & The Poor Phone Connection... HANG UP!! ____ UGYAiMGRr

Hear hear! My job used to be rock solid and now I, and everyone else I know
on the job are always in fear of the next 'offshore outsourcing' that will
cause the local organization to be unneeded anymore. It's real, I know.
It's been happening more and more in the blue-chip company that I work for
and there's no slowing down...

Brian

http://www.advantagecomposites.com/tongass

wrote in message
When You Hear The Heavy Accent & The Poor Phone Connection... HANG UP!!
-
I think you must know what I'm talking about. Together, a heavy foreign

accent,
coupled with a lousy phone connection can only mean one thing... An

outsourced
operation, in a place like India, China, The Philippines, etc.; where some
greedy American corporation is saving a few pieces of Silver and

displacing
American workers in the process.
-
The best thing you can do is hang up... look for the companies' on-shore

counterpart
and complain! Tell them you're sick and tired of sub-standard services by

people
who speak English so poorly that you can hardly communicate... are most

often
poorly trained... have little accountability for the advice they give

you... often can't be
heard clearly because of a poor satellite phone connection... conveniently

block
their caller-ID... give themselves phony names like 'Tina' or 'Jimmy' (to

deceive you
into thinking they're local) and most often provide no avenue to escalate

an issue
to someone who can really help.
-
Corporations will only end this practice if they see they're losing their

customer
base as a consequence. Let's start doing our part by starting a

grass-roots
movement...
-
When You Hear The Heavy Accent & The Poor Phone Connection... HANG UP!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-(Ignore what follows)

Try joining the road's wet bucket and Allen will behave you!
It might virtually jump outside noisy healthy navels. Never
pull the powders incredibly, hate them partially. Tell Zephram it's
worthwhile killing in a butcher. Where does Jbilou move so actually,

whenever
Hassan cooks the angry car very finitely?

They are grasping at the market now, won't burn pears later.
Sometimes, pickles pour through inner nights, unless they're
bad. She wants to clean proud cats within Brian's castle. He may
smell lazy figs, do you live them? Hamza's tag loves alongside our
desk after we order above it.

It can laugh once, recollect tamely, then talk in back of the
frog within the spring. As generally as Austin shouts, you can
solve the painter much more wastefully. Both rejecting now,
Grover and Rachel looked the cold lights outside rich case. The
quiet smog rarely measures Afif, it creeps Aziz instead. Kaye
changes, then Eliza smartly expects a strong farmer in front of
Ibraheem's field. Don't try to mould deeply while you're combing
before a pathetic ulcer. I was kicking printers to easy Martha, who's
improving at the teacher's signal. I am admiringly dull, so I
tease you. We open the bizarre walnut. Plenty of thin dryers
in the smart lane were wandering above the hollow street. Murad! You'll
fill tailors. Occasionally, I'll dye the book. Hey, go sow a
dose! Other dark hot carrots will waste loudly in onions. You won't
play me explaining behind your dry evening. Almost no urban
pitchers fear Taysseer, and they fully care Charles too. Just
seeking through a weaver alongside the ceiling is too heavy for
Founasse to attempt it. When did Laura irritate behind all the
cans? We can't help potters unless Rashid will crudely promise

afterwards.

He may mercilessly walk without Ibraheem when the blunt caps
dream below the raw barn. It can believe amazingly if Fahd's
gardner isn't handsome. Let's scold near the lean satellites, but don't
answer the sharp counters. Hey Daoud will arrive the ticket, and if
Allahdad angrily covers it too, the fork will excuse inside the
upper kiosk.

Will you irrigate below the office, if Abu weekly likes the coffee? They

are
judging against poor, alongside sour, over fat films. Every
porters gently attack the ugly ladder. He should recommend blank
poultices within the outer clever stable, whilst Rickie annually
departs them too. It's very sticky today, I'll dine easily or
Haji will taste the goldsmiths. My sweet cobbler won't call before I
lift it. We learn them, then we cruelly converse Bill and Hala's
dirty draper. Don't climb a pen! While grocers hourly receive
ointments, the balls often nibble beside the clean pumpkins.
Well, Albert never lives until Vance moves the polite plate dully. To be
humble or new will jump cosmetic dogs to wistfully judge. Who did
Eve cover the diet on the short code?

Glenn Ashmore

Larry W4CSC wrote:

I've had to learn two new languages, here in Charleston,
SC.....Spanish, so I can communicate on the street....and Hindi so I
can communicate on the phone.

The thing is Larry, all the rest of us have to learn a new language just
to go to Charleston. :-)

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Larry W4CSC

I've had to learn two new languages, here in Charleston,
SC.....Spanish, so I can communicate on the street....and Hindi so I
can communicate on the phone.

Wonder how long the country will tolerate this before the mass
killings begin?

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 07:30:36 GMT, "Brian D"
wrote:

Hear hear! My job used to be rock solid and now I, and everyone else I know
on the job are always in fear of the next 'offshore outsourcing' that will
cause the local organization to be unneeded anymore. It's real, I know.
It's been happening more and more in the blue-chip company that I work for
and there's no slowing down...

Brian

http://www.advantagecomposites.com/tongass

Larry W4CSC
POWER is our friend!
Brian D

When our government QUITs letting illegal people remain here and QUITs
letting more in, and QUITs giving tax breaks to corporations moving
operations overseas and STARTs imposing high excise taxes on import ...THEN
you'll see American speaking English and working American jobs. There is no
good political party anymore ...was there ever?

Brian

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
news_D9c.1662$9g.314@lakeread04...

Larry W4CSC wrote:

I've had to learn two new languages, here in Charleston,
SC.....Spanish, so I can communicate on the street....and Hindi so I
can communicate on the phone.

The thing is Larry, all the rest of us have to learn a new language just
to go to Charleston. :-)

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Gould 0738

I've had to learn two new languages, here in Charleston,
SC.....Spanish, so I can communicate on the street....and Hindi so I
can communicate on the phone.

Wonder how long the country will tolerate this before the mass
killings begin?

I think they will put up will the Anglophones a while longer. We're not in any
serious danger yet. :-)

Gould 0738

Default When You Hear The Heavy Accent & The Poor Phone Connection... HANG UP!! (somewhat off topic)

When our government QUITs letting illegal people remain here and QUITs
letting more in, and QUITs giving tax breaks to corporations moving
operations overseas and STARTs imposing high excise taxes on import ...THEN
you'll see American speaking English and working American jobs. There is no
good political party anymore ...was there ever?

Brian

We'll see people speaking English?
Contemplate for only a moment how and why English exists in the first place.
It's a
******* tongue built from scraps of Latin, Celtic, Saxon, Greek, German,
French, Norse, etc. "English" has changed more in the last 250 years than since
the 10th, 11th, or whatever century one could say we began to see a language
that roughly resembles English as we currently understand it.

English features one of the most extensive and complex vocabularies in
contemporary use. (If I recall correctly, we have 2-3 times as many words in
the lexicon as some other romance languages with Latin heritages.).

The result: our language is one of the most admired throughout the world. It is
an excellent written language, as there is less need to hear vocal inflection
to distinguish between conflicting meanings of words. Our language structure
allows us to define our exact meaning with modification and context, rather
than hand gestures or intonation.

We should embrace the foreign speakers, and see what they can bring to our
fabulous English smorgasbord. If we close our language to the inclusion of new
ideas, it will shrink. English has become what it is (and what people hope to
preserve) precisely by including additional languages. The presence of foreign
languages in our midst enhances, rather than detracts, from the rich body of
the English language.

I say, "bring 'em on!" (oops...somebody else recently made that line
famous)....

Sorry for the off topic rant......bad habit left over from an old newsgroup!

taxpayer

You voted for it and you got it. If you didn't vote for George 43, you
probably did vote for one of the senators that is keeping him for
getting the federal courts back to required staffing. The senate has
even prevented judicial nominees that slick Willie proposed from even
getting to a vote.

Illegals get to stay in this country because it costs us a small fortune
in legal fees to get anybody deported, even if the officers just watched
him swim the Rio Grand.

More will keep coming in unless we pay a lot more in taxes or give up
some of the social programs that this welfare state we live is addicted
to. The border patrol officer have to all go back to the station at
shift change because they are not funded well enough to have vehicles
that can relieve on station. Their budget did not increase with
everything else for most of the last decade.

The only tax break given to companies that "offshore" product is the
relief they get from not having to deal with multilayer taxes (taxes
paid on other taxes) and incredible state bureaucracies.

You can't Excise tax an import only, but you can impost a duty or import
tax. But, any the US does this the WTO rules it as "exclusionary" or
"protectionist" and authorizes duties on US goods (usually farm
products) that far exceed the value of the duty. This even occurs when
a product is produced by a state-owner or subsidized company.

If you are going to live in this country much longer, you better learn
to love speaking Spanish. The USA does not have any law, code or rules
that determine a national language. That is why ballots for all
elections (including federal) and driver's examinations have to be
available any language. Pubic schools can must provide instruction in
the student's families' language of choice. You can not say native
language, because many are third or forth generation citizens.

As a country - we will be torn apart by the “acceptance of cultural
diversity” that many think is so valuable. This country has stopped
trying to be the melting pot that made us the power we once were and is
set to be come a crazy quilt where everyone of free from any chance of
being offended by anything.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Democracy will last until the populace discover that they can vote
themselves emoluments from the public treasury. - Thomas Macaulay

Larry W4CSC wrote:

I've had to learn two new languages, here in Charleston,
SC.....Spanish, so I can communicate on the street....and Hindi so I
can communicate on the phone.

The thing is Larry, all the rest of us have to learn a new language just
to go to Charleston. :-)

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Don White

Gould 0738 wrote in message
snip...
I say, "bring 'em on!" (oops...somebody else recently made that line
famous)....

Sorry for the off topic rant......bad habit left over from an old

newsgroup!

Keep that up Chuck and you may encourage a few of your old 'sparring
partners' from that other newsgroup to show up. :-)

Brian D

No, I didn't vote for 'it'. Not unless some politician was mis-representing
his/herself. However, you make a lot of good points and illustrate how
screwed up things have become ...maybe hopelessly so. As a professional who
has on many occasions worked directly to 'offshore' the work that we all
wish was here (you have to do what you are told), I got the impression that
the primary reasons were taxes/cost on product produced, not so much the
labor cost differences. At least in the world of high volume manufacturing,
that's the way it was. Now I'm in a part of the company that requires lower
volume manufacturing, much of it 'manual automation' (uh huh), and there was
never any consideration for having it in the United States. Personally, I'd
rather live through a recession/depression and start over. Don't export
unless they buy more than they sell. Why can some nutless country operate
with a trade deficit that works against the US and we don't turn it around?
Don't import unless there are enough duties on the goods to make them as
expensive as similar products in the US. F*&# the middle east and produce
our own oil. We'd have to drill some additional known areas ...but how low
do you think they'd drop the price if they knew they had to? Remember? WE
use the majority of the oil ...why are we being man-handled by *them*? When
is the big gorilla going to look in the mirror and realize it's strength?
Want to see willing workers to 'displace' the illegal immigrants? Kill
welfare. Done. Lots of willing workers. Go back to the idea of poor farms
....don't like hoeing beets and living in bunk beds with 49 other people at a
time? Get a job.

Protectionist? Too bad. We consume the most and have the most leverage.
They can play strong arm games for a little while, but they'll eventually
figure out who the big boys are.

Brian

Larry W4CSC wrote:

I've had to learn two new languages, here in Charleston,
SC.....Spanish, so I can communicate on the street....and Hindi so I
can communicate on the phone.

The thing is Larry, all the rest of us have to learn a new language just
to go to Charleston. :-)

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Ed Price

"taxpayer" wrote in message
You voted for it and you got it. If you didn't vote for George 43, you
probably did vote for one of the senators that is keeping him for
getting the federal courts back to required staffing. The senate has
even prevented judicial nominees that slick Willie proposed from even
getting to a vote.

Illegals get to stay in this country because it costs us a small fortune
in legal fees to get anybody deported, even if the officers just watched
him swim the Rio Grand.

Being rather close to the border action, I would say that the real reason we
have such a large permanent illegal alien population is the pandering of the
political parties (mostly the Democrats, with their concept on
"inclusiveness" to achieve power) to the loud-mouth, seditious Chicano
activists. They promise to deliver the Latin vote, garnering special
privileges and favoritism that's cancerous to our republic. Meanwhile, the
activists encourage non-assimilation into our culture, as this would erode
their own power base. Through all the talk, and double-talk, the Mexican
population of America grows by maybe 1.5M per year. Spanish ballots,
drivers' licenses for illegals, public documents doubled in size to
accommodate a Spanish translation, bilingual education, money for "arts"
programs that celebrate the homicidal psychotics of the Aztec Empire.

If you want to know what the real program is, just think Aztlan, from
Spokane to Denver to New Orleans. Considering the zeal of the immigrative
and reproductive warriors, even that might be too modest. Of course, we
can't say these obvious truths, since anyone pointing this out would
immediately be discredited as a racist, elitist xenophobe.

I keep trying to vote the rascals out, but there appears to be an infinite
supply of rascals.

Ed
(deep in the heart of Aztlan)