Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats.building

Default Ford 302 oil consumption

Gentlemen,
I have a 1972 SeaRay SRV200 with Ford 302 engine that smokes profusely. I
checked compression. It is 120 acrosss all 8 cylinders. I replaced the
valve stem seals. Still smokes bad. Can all 8 cylinder's oil rings be worn
out, which the compression rings are good, or is the oil coming from
somewhere else, like the valve guide being worn in the heads, etc? I'd hate
to pull the whole engine if I can get away with something faster and
cheaper. Thanks for any ideas.
George

Fuel consumption Harold Fontemier General 6 July 9th 06 04:46 AM
Big Block Oil Consumption Jeff M. General 3 July 13th 05 11:49 AM
Fuel consumption? Scott Vernon ASA 51 September 29th 04 12:52 AM
fuel consumption 9.9 hp Gammara2 Cruising 6 November 17th 03 03:44 AM
Gas Consumption: Help Steve Cruising 1 November 14th 03 02:42 AM