posted to rec.boats.building
MC MC is offline

Default Ford 302 oil consumption

Bob,
It is blue. Uses oil like crazy.

"Bob" wrote in message
On May 26, 7:37 am, "George" wrote:
Gentlemen,
I have a 1972 SeaRay SRV200 with Ford 302 engine that smokes profusely. I
checked compression. It is 120 acrosss all 8 cylinders.

I had one of thoes.... in a truck~

What color is the smoke:
Blue
Black
White

I replaced the
valve stem seals. Still smokes bad.

When:
Under load at operating rpm
No load at operating rpm
on excelleration
on throttle back
just when cold on start up and then clears when warms?
hows the fuel???????? age, water??

etc.....

get the idea? grab a Motor manual and check out the troubnle shooting
section. there are lots of questions that need to be answered.

bob

Can all 8 cylinder's oil rings be worn
out, which the compression rings are good, or is the oil coming from
somewhere else, like the valve guide being worn in the heads, etc? I'd
hate
to pull the whole engine if I can get away with something faster and
cheaper. Thanks for any ideas.
George