Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats.building

Default Polishing stainless steel

Pete,
Take Bruce's advise and get it done. The dust from polishing is super
hazmat. You need special dust equipment and a professional filter mask
Steve

"pete" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me how to polish raw stainless steel to get the nice
shiny finish? I can get it up to a satin "brushed finish" with a belt
sander, but I'd like to get it a bit nicer as its for my chainplates
and bolted for all to see on a bulkhead. They are 316L btw, if that
makes any difference. If its a load of hard work perhaps I'll leave
the brushed finish..........

Ta in advance

Pete