posted to rec.boats.building

Default Removing Silicone Adhesive?

Anybody got a trick/technique for removing something that's glued
in place with silicone adhesive? (like the stuff they use to
hold fish tanks together).

Stuff *really* holds up....
I had one flat piece that I managed to get loose with a thin
paint scraper.

But I've got another one (a bow snitch) that's bonded to a series
of 3-D curves and it doesn't look to me like it's coming off with
any means that I currently know of.

I think heat is out of the question because both parts are
fiberglass/poly resin.
--
PeteCresswell

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Anybody got a trick/technique for removing something that's glued
in place with silicone adhesive? (like the stuff they use to
hold fish tanks together).

A hot wire and a Spanish windlass.

Use nichrome wire and a battery to heat it.

Place wire around hatch and take up with windlass.

have fun.

Lew
posted to rec.boats.building

Spanish windlass ..... I looked it up!
http://www.inquiry.net/outdoor/skills/b-p/windlass.htm

Now I've done that a million times and never knew it had a name.

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
nk.net...