Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats.building

Default plastic barrels and floating docks

I've found plenty of discussion on the topic at various locations
around the internet, but I can't seem to find any information about
where to get these 55gal plastic barrels that everyone keeps talking
about. All I can find are floats that cost approx $100 per 350lb of
lift. That's over my budget. I'm looking for cheaper options, like
barrels, but I have no idea where to find them. Little help here?

I just picked up 2 new but used bright blue plastic barrels from a
local farmer. They have 2 screw caps in the top. The local farmer
sells all kinds of barrels. They cost me $12ea (CAN). Both had been
used for food. I looked at the labels of the barrels and they were all
types; pickles, syrup, molasses, even eye contact solution. I would
recommend contacting a local large manufacturer of food products and
ask them if they have any to sell or who they sell their used barrels
to. Good luck.