posted to rec.boats.building

Default Another try: can you please to identify this lifeboat?

Hi there,

I found some photos of a particular type of OPEN lifeboats, which are
probably no longer being build. I was wondering if anyone out there may

be able to help me to identify the manufacturer of this type of
lifeboat?

Maybe that the details shown on the photos are sufficient for an expert

in this area, to identify the manufacturer.

Please check this site:
http://grp16.tripod.com/index.html

Best regards,
Carlos Alberto
The Netherlands

posted to rec.boats.building
Bob Bob is offline

frank wrote:
Hi there,
be able to help me to identify the manufacturer of this type of
lifeboat?
Best regards,
Carlos Alberto
The Netherlands

I took a look at the boat. Sorta gave me a shock. They look exactly
like the ones i road in while working with the Polish highseas fishing
fleets. Then when I noticed youre from the Netherlands it made sense a
Polish life boat would look like your european photo.

Sugest you got to Swinoujscie, Szczecin, or Gdynia, Poland for a look
see. Might try calling Grif or Odra fishing companies... If you speak
Polish.

posted to rec.boats.building

On 27 dec 2006, 10:04, "Bob" wrote:
frank wrote:
Hi there,
be able to help me toidentifythe manufacturer of this type of
lifeboat?
Best regards,
Carlos Alberto
The Netherlands

I took a look at the boat. Sorta gave me a shock. They look exactly
like the ones i road in while working with the Polish highseas fishing
fleets. Then when I noticed youre from the Netherlands it made sense a
Polish life boat would look like your european photo.

Sugest you got to Swinoujscie, Szczecin, or Gdynia, Poland for a look
see. Might try calling Grif or Odra fishing companies... If you speak
Polish.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply. Do you have any more contact details of these
companies?

Thanks
Frank

posted to rec.boats.building
Bob Bob is offline

On Feb 19, 2:30 pm, "frank" wrote:
On 27 dec 2006, 10:04, "Bob" wrote:

frank wrote:
Hi there,
be able to help me toidentifythe manufacturer of this type of
lifeboat?
Best regards,
Carlos Alberto
The Netherlands

I took a look at the boat. Sorta gave me a shock. They look exactly
like the ones i road in while working with the Polish highseas fishing
fleets. Then when I noticed youre from the Netherlands it made sense a
Polish life boat would look like your european photo.

Sugest you got to Swinoujscie, Szczecin, or Gdynia, Poland for a look
see. Might try calling Grif or Odra fishing companies... If you speak
Polish.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply. Do you have any more contact details of these
companies?

Thanks
Frank- Hide quoted text -

The companies wer e Gryf, Odra, and .... cant remember the other one.
Too much spiritus. But I think only one remains in busines. Do a
Google search for the company name. Contact a Ship Broker who deals in
old F/T Factory Trawlers. Their cargo boats all had the same type life
boats too. Right down to that metal bar on the stern. The cargo boats
are all named after moutains.... Gorda.

So why are you so set on that specific life boat. Youll find the same
problems with any of thoes tubs. Just like all the other Hippies did
in the 70s when you could buy them in the US for $200 USD each. The
were designed for max weight so your going to have to pour in 4 yards
of concrete in the bilge. They all had extreamly thin skin cause they
were designed to live their life on davats not floating. There are a
bunch of other problems convertting them but thoes are the two big
ones.

So why are you so interested in those tubs?????
Boat Trash Bob

posted to rec.boats.building
Bob Bob is offline

The companies wer e Gryf, Odra, and .... cant remember the other one.
Too much spiritus.

I remembered ! !

THe other fish company was Dalmor or maybe Dolmar. Its been 20 years.
Brain not functioning.

Since you live in the area, just go there for a weekend and look
around the ship breakers/scrap operations. Or just find one hanging on
a davit. Walk on board. When......... or more likly if noticed just
say Prosha (please/may I have) Drugie (second officer) or ask for the
Kapitan and offer the guy $500 EU and see what happens. The bridge all
speak english. Its the defacto international maritime language. My
guess it will be in the water before you can say,
but...................

Now you got one. Now what???

posted to rec.boats.building

Hello Bob,

Well, the reason why I am interested is just the same as any other
person would love "old Ferrari's" or another car.
I just like the classic lines of these lifeboats, nowadays all
lifeboats have to be covered. In my opinion they have lost the charm
of the old days when they were used on the "classic cruise liners"

I will google around, hoping to find the companies you have mentioned.

Thanks again,
Frank