posted to rec.boats.building

Default Lengthing an 11 foot Sailboat

Ted W Lee wrote:
If I added 2 feet to an 11 foot sailboat with a 5 foot beam, what else
would have to be changed in addition to adding an extra frame. Thanks,
Ted in Mich

If your download that has the very light lines can be loaded to a
program like Elements 2 from Photo Shop you can darken them up. If
you can't do this send me a copy of your drawings and I may be able to
help

posted to rec.boats.building

Ted,

That is a set of drawings that you should be able to use.

The statement about them being usually complete is correct as there is
more information there than one would expect to find, but there is no
problem that this could cause.

Did you say where in Michigan?

I am in the south east and sail on Lake Erie.

Matt Colie

Ted W Lee wrote:
Thanks to Matt, Ron and all who responded to my question on lengthening
an 11 foot sailboat. As Matt pointed out the plans for the 13' Eddycat
were incomplete and could not be used to build the boat. The 11' foot
boat "Conga" was a complete plan I found later @
http://members.aol.com/polysail/HTML/conga.htm that is very similar to
the Eddycat design. That link won't work with webtv, but it will with a
pc. Thanks again for the useful info which I will use. Ted in Mich.

p.s.-Both the Eddycat and Conga are plans from the 1940's.

posted to rec.boats.building

No, I guess just signed, Ted in Mich. I live in the village of Spring
Arbor which is about 8 miles west of Jackson. Ted.

FS: 12 foot sailboat Free in NJ Free Boat Marketplace 0 June 17th 04 10:12 AM
??? M.L. Browne General 0 May 17th 04 04:38 PM
WHY SAILBOATS ARE BETTER THAN WOMEN Sail Bum General 0 May 14th 04 04:16 AM
It finally hit me. Simple Simon ASA 88 October 2nd 03 10:54 PM
Let there be Nav. Light CANDChelp ASA 76 July 30th 03 03:26 AM