Tom Hunter

Default First Day Pictures Link & Some Details

"
VOLTAGE REGULATOR: This boat has a generator instead

Sorry can't help with this one

LEAK: The boat is plywood lapstrake. Where the bottom-

My father has a 26 foot Hutchinson runabout. It leaks a bit pretty much all
the time just like yours but its not plywood.

SHAFT PACKING: The packing around the prop-shaft
was leaking a few drips. This, I believe, is normal. But at
one point the packing nut came totally apart (still on the
shaft of course). We just tightened it up better and it
stayed fine the rest of the day.

I don't believe this is normal, I have fixed shafts that did this and
stopped the leak with new packing material. On the other hand its pretty
minor. The nut coming off is not minor but I don't know enough to say if
you had a one time accident or if its a sign of a problem. I would check
the packing nut from time to time to see if its loosening up on its own.

RETRIEVING TO THE TRAILER:

We have exactley the same problem with the trailer that you do. We tie the
boat to the post as tight as possible but the bow seldom rests against the
post when all is said and done. If its not within a couple of inches we
back into the water and do it again. Our post is located a bit further
forward in relation to length of the trailer so if we don't have the boat
snug on the post its still snug on the trailer. If its possible to set your
trailer up so that the sweet spot is 6" to a foot long getting the boat on
the trailer will be easier. We do have rollers in the center.

Any help or ideas with these issues will be
greatly appreciated as has all the previous
advise that got us this far has been.

Gary

Pics: http://tinyurl.com/4coae

John Cassara

Default Boat settles off post on trailer

I had the same trailer problem with a 17' Sail boat. In my case the bow was
floating quite a bit at the point I would set it against the post. When
pulling up the ramp the boat would settle down as I drove foward resulting
in the boat moving backward the distance alowed by the arc of the winch
line. The fix is to not back in so deep and have the bow on the trailer
bunksbefore pulling out. You should have to crank the boat up onto the
trailer at least a couple of inches. This will ensure the boat is positioned
properly and will reduce the potential swinging of the boat off center.

John

"Tom Hunter" wrote in message

"
[...]

Gary Warner

Thanks.

William R. Watt

newsgroups don't have graphics but you can see and buy Weslford's Austrailian
designs at www.duckworksmagazine.com. no need to pay and subscribe to the
website to view and buy what is sold there.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm