dave

Default Chris Kulczycki's The Canoe Shop boats

Has anyone built a boat from Chris Kulczycki's The Canoe Shop book?
The wife wants a solo canoe and I don't have the time to build another
cedar stripper for her. I am thinking about the 14' boat in the book.
Any other suggestions in that range would be welcome. Looking for a
boat that can solo with a single paddle, carry 250-300 pounds, 40 ish
pounds empty.

Dave
Chris Crandall

dave ) wrote:
: Has anyone built a boat from Chris Kulczycki's The Canoe Shop book?
: The wife wants a solo canoe and I don't have the time to build another
: cedar stripper for her. I am thinking about the 14' boat in the book.
: Any other suggestions in that range would be welcome. Looking for a
: boat that can solo with a single paddle, carry 250-300 pounds, 40 ish
: pounds empty.

Check out http:://www.clcboats.com

If you're in a hurry, a kit is a great way to speed things up.
For canoes, try

http://www.clcboats.com/boats/sassafras.php/

Jim Conlin

Look also at Tom Hill's Daisy May design. It's a glued lapstrake canoe
13'10" x 33" x 12", 44 lbs.
It's in the 'Ultralight Boatbuilding' book.

offshore fishing adectus General 7 January 3rd 04 03:23 PM
A great summer of crusing or Let's Ban Power Boats! jchaplain General 33 November 12th 03 12:07 AM
Need books, articles, website to design a canoe (concrete) Pablo Boat Building 5 October 17th 03 12:33 AM
Sea Ray Boats, Mid-Atlantic Dealers Announce Post-Hurricane Recovery Initiatives bomar General 0 October 2nd 03 10:15 PM
Is sailing becoming extinct? Don White General 14 August 12th 03 12:38 AM