Jim Conlin

Default Chris Kulczycki's The Canoe Shop boats

Look also at Tom Hill's Daisy May design. It's a glued lapstrake canoe
13'10" x 33" x 12", 44 lbs.
It's in the 'Ultralight Boatbuilding' book.

dave wrote:

Has anyone built a boat from Chris Kulczycki's The Canoe Shop book?
The wife wants a solo canoe and I don't have the time to build another
cedar stripper for her. I am thinking about the 14' boat in the book.
Any other suggestions in that range would be welcome. Looking for a
boat that can solo with a single paddle, carry 250-300 pounds, 40 ish
pounds empty.

Dave