posted to rec.boats.building

Default Cruise 'n Carry parts

I have an old Cruise 'n Carry 2.75HP motor that I use on a canoe. It is
nice in that it weighs about 18lbs and runs for about 2 hrs on a 1 qt tank.
I think it'll run forever.

The fuel valve has given up the ghost. It has a 1/2" inlet and an 1/8"
outlet barb and turns 90 degrees, gravity/suction feed only, no pump. It
also has a micro-mesh screen/filter on the inlet (which by design sticks up
into the tank.) I have checked all the normal suspects and come up empty
handed. I'll probably get a section of 1/2" tube, a 1/2" inlet valve, and
whatever reducers I need to get down to a 1/8" barb. I haven't quite
figured out a hack for the filter yet. I thought I'd ask here before I go
to the auto parts store and start piecing things together...

Anyone know of a dead CNC 6700 anywhere? A valve which matches my attempted
description?

Any help appreciated. (Even the inevitable, "buy a new motor". grin)

Ed

--
When replying via email, replace spam with speak in the address.

posted to rec.boats.building

Thanks

Ed

--
When replying via email, replace spam with speak in the address.
"Jeff Burke" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 20:22:53 -0400, "Ed Edelenbos"
wrote:

I haven't quite
figured out a hack for the filter yet. I thought I'd ask here before I go
to the auto parts store and start piecing things together...

You might be better off going to the motorcycle parts store to piece this
thing
together, they deal in smaller petcocks and filter screens than the auto
parts
guys.

posted to rec.boats.building

Ed: For these type of things you could start thinking "lawn mower
parts"...if you have a small engine mechanic in the area they will be
able to fix you right up...if not, try NAPA dealer; Good Luck !

posted to rec.boats.building

wrote in message
oups.com...
Ed: For these type of things you could start thinking "lawn mower
parts"...if you have a small engine mechanic in the area they will be
able to fix you right up...if not, try NAPA dealer; Good Luck !

Yeah... I finally wised up and took the part off. It is in the car. As I
get time, I stop in small motor repair shops and find the oldest guy to ask.
(grin) I show it to him and see if he knows of a similar part (or something
I'd be able to rig up.) No luck so far but I'll get it.

Ed