posted to rec.boats.building

Default FS: 1954 Chris Craft 30' Cabin Cruiser (Whole or Parts) in Beaufort, SC

Hello hobbyists,

After two years of dreaming on how to finish restoring this classic
yacht, I have been forced to part with it. It is a wood bottom mahogany
Chris Craft with all original parts. This boat has been out of the
water for several years and restoration is partially complete. It is
currently on stilts in Beaufort, SC and I do not have a trailer for it.

Any offers on the entire boat will be entertained. My only terms are
you will have to move the boat if you would like to purchase the hull
and everything.

Seeing as how this would be a daunting task fit for only the most
dedicated hobbyist, I am willing to sell the parts individually if I do
not recieve any offers on the whole package. The boat has all its
original hardware, including the horns, spotlight, running lights,
gauges, chrome trim, galley hardware, icebox, etc. This stuff is the
reason I bought the boat. All the chrome and brass parts are in
immaculate condition and probably belong in a museum somewhere and not
in storage in SC.

The yacht is powered by a pair of matching Chris Craft M straight 6
engines. I am unable to find the original paperwork for these, so I
cannot say if they are the pair that came with the boat when it was
built. One engine turns over, has spark, but needs a fuel pump. The
other is still seized and I have not removed the heads to inspect for
cylinder damage.

Overall, I am really sad to have to part with this piece of history. If
you have any serious interest in this beautiful antique, or its parts,
please contact me and I can provide pictures and any specifics you
might be interested in.

Thank you,

Scott Sanders