posted to rec.boats.building

Default looking for a "slower" prop for Honda 2.2 HP OB

I am looking for different prop for my 2.2 hp Honda Marine OB (model
number BF2DY SHA). The standard prop is a 7.25x7.50 (diameter x pitch
in inches). As this motor has no clutch, I would like to make it go as
slow as possible. I'm pushing a 19.5 foot aluminum canoe: marathon
square stern. At full throttle it turns in a blistering 11 mph. It
really keeps the Missus screaming. Yeah, I know, I'm a thrill seeker.
But I'd be happy to give up a little of that adrenalin if I could slow
down on the low end.
Does anyone have an idea of where I could find such a prop? All the
online sources I can find don't deal with anything less than 5 hp.
Here's a link for some of the parts at www.bats.net.
http://www.boats.net/honda/component...zw64f0500a.gif
It is the ONLY source I could find for parts for my engine (mine threw
a rod). If anyone knows another source, please let me know.

posted to rec.boats.building

www.bats.net
should be:
www.boats.net

posted to rec.boats.building
Brian D

I once met a guy (couple of years ago) in the Portland, Oregon area who had
exactly the same motor and questions that you have. His solution? He
apparently was able to find a local shop that could re-pitch the prop to
reduce it's pitch, e.g. how much bite it takes per revolution. Worked for
him. You might try a web search or check around your area to see if you can
get the same thing done. His was the standard yellow-painted cast aluminum
prop too.

Brian D

oups.com...

Prop choice: 12 or 13 AlexE General 11 May 25th 06 06:05 AM
Estimating best prop pitch with no tach. [email protected] Boat Building 6 March 28th 06 03:51 PM
Prop Coating Sailaway Boat Building 10 February 3rd 06 01:34 PM