posted to rec.boats.building
Bob La Londe

Default looking for a "slower" prop for Honda 2.2 HP OB

Make a trolling plate for it.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am looking for different prop for my 2.2 hp Honda Marine OB (model
number BF2DY SHA). The standard prop is a 7.25x7.50 (diameter x pitch
in inches). As this motor has no clutch, I would like to make it go as
slow as possible. I'm pushing a 19.5 foot aluminum canoe: marathon
square stern. At full throttle it turns in a blistering 11 mph. It
really keeps the Missus screaming. Yeah, I know, I'm a thrill seeker.
But I'd be happy to give up a little of that adrenalin if I could slow
down on the low end.
Does anyone have an idea of where I could find such a prop? All the
online sources I can find don't deal with anything less than 5 hp.
Here's a link for some of the parts at www.bats.net.
http://www.boats.net/honda/component...zw64f0500a.gif
It is the ONLY source I could find for parts for my engine (mine threw
a rod). If anyone knows another source, please let me know.