Stephen Baker

Default How many Usenet posters...

.... does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light
bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to
condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb"
is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this
discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs
and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy
the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique
and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected
URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this
group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all
headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot
handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about
light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start
it all over again.

Shamelessly stolen from another Usenet group (who stole it from another, and
so on...)

Since we seem to have some of these threads running, it seemed on topic at the
time. ;-)

Steve
Stephen C. Baker - Yacht Designer
http://members.aol.com/SailDesign/pr...cbweb/home.htm

Matt Langenfeld

--
Matt Langenfeld
JEM Watercraft

auerbach

Yes, but should the lightbulb socket be installed with solid wire or
stranded?

That controversy would be good for another hundred postings.

"wemfish" wemfish AT tiscali.co.uk wrote in message
[...]

Stephen Baker

wemfish says:

And one to dig up years old posts from other groups and re post them . . .

And get replies top-posted with the full text quoted, no snippage. Classic!
Thanks ;-P

Steve "just kidding, wemfish - nuttin' personal..."
Matt Langenfeld

Crimped or soldered?????

=============================================== ==
[...]

dazed and confuzed

Matt Langenfeld wrote:
Crimped or soldered?????

auerbach wrote:

Yes, but should the lightbulb socket be installed with solid wire or
stranded?

That controversy would be good for another hundred postings.

"wemfish" wemfish AT tiscali.co.uk wrote in message

And one to dig up years old posts from other groups and re post them
. . .

[...]

to meet the NEC and the NFPA codes, you must use crimped terminals. The
IBEW cannot teach its members how to solder.......

--
I ain't looking for trouble,.....but you can find it here.

Stephen Baker

Scotty says:

You are just being a troublemaker...

And? ;-P

Ya' know if you have all that
extra time on your hands you could take a stroll to the local post and
send me off a set of plans for that sca19, sweeeeeeeet!

Thanks. I may just do that someday. If I ever finish them.

I would even
consider sailing something like that

This I have GOT to see ;-)

Of course I would wear a hat
and funny glasses, but then again, I do that now.

Don't we all? Ooops! No. I wear a funny hat but normal glasses. Sorry.

Steve