Backyard Renegade

Default How many Usenet posters...

ospam (Stephen Baker) wrote in message ...
Scotty says:

You are just being a troublemaker...

And? ;-P

Ya' know if you have all that
extra time on your hands you could take a stroll to the local post and
send me off a set of plans for that sca19, sweeeeeeeet!

Thanks. I may just do that someday. If I ever finish them.

I would even
consider sailing something like that

This I have GOT to see ;-)

Of course I would wear a hat
and funny glasses, but then again, I do that now.

Don't we all? Ooops! No. I wear a funny hat but normal glasses. Sorry.

Steve

Actually, you gotta come down this summer dirtbikin' and sailin'.
Although I am sure I will regret putting this in type, I am currently
attaching a sail, board, and tiller on a little skiff in the yard.
Also, last season a guy dropped off an old Klepper folding Kayak with
full sail, jib, mast boom, dual leeboards, and foot pedal control
tiller... all stock, brandy new sails so I may be wearing my funny hat
and glasses sooner than I thought. We paddled it last season late and
it is real nice in the water, don't know how it will sail as it is not
a real stiff hull.
The thing is way cool though. It is 18 feet long and folds up into a
backpack, canvas and wood dowel construction, another pack holds the
sail rig. It is over 40 years old and very delicate though, don't know
if it will last a season and I can not see $2000 for a new canvas
cover. We did paddle it a couple of times last season and it is
beautiful in the water, great hull for paddling. I will probably take
some lines before it finishes it's life.
Anyway, so much for ot threads and hijacking others, I am just a
spammer anyhow The weather is finally opening up for me so I may be
scarce around here for a while, season is short, so many boats to
build...
Time to put on the cool builders hat, The Backyard Renegade.
Stephen Baker

Scotty says:

Actually, you gotta come down this summer dirtbikin' and sailin'.

Sounds lie a plan. I'll talk to my Social Secretary and see what kind of pass
I can get ;-)

Although I am sure I will regret putting this in type,

You usually do, but you're not alone there....

I am currently
attaching a sail, board, and tiller on a little skiff in the yard.

We'll convert you yet, especially if gas prices keep rising. ;-)

Also, last season a guy dropped off an old Klepper folding Kayak with
full sail, jib, mast boom, dual leeboards, and foot pedal control
tiller...

Now, those things are FUN! I'm probably too clumsy for you to want to stick me
in there, but I remember them from my svelte, trim days.

Time to put on the cool builders hat, The Backyard Renegade.

Heh heh! I just got back from a flying visit to Mystic, ostensibly to check
out the kid's car before he drives it to Vermont, but... Sandy is finished and
back in the water - not sailing yet, but I'm looking forward to a spin. I
"accidently" mentioned to Kevin last time I was down there (when she was just
getting the deck put on,) that I had actually sailed a sandbagger before. Bad
mistake! Or good, depends on the viewpoint. ;-)

Look after yourself, Scotty.

Steve