Douglas St. Clair

Default In Search of Stainless Steel Staples

I've been in search of stainless steel staples to wrap up a boat
restoration. The staples will be used to apply upholstery to the various
wood pieces (seats, side pockets, side rails, etc.). I have access to a
Craftsman pneumatic staple gun, model 351 (184080). The manual for this gun
says it accepts staples with a model of 18330, 18331, and 18332. These are
likely Craftsman part numbers, but I'm not sure.

The gun shoots 20 Gauge 1/2" crown staples. I would guess I'm looking for
1/2" length staples, but would probably settle for anything close.

It appears most stainless steel staples out there are for outdoor
construction, being 1" + in length. I imagine there's a company out there
furnishing staples to the marine market... where it is I have no idea.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Doug

Lew Hodgett

"Douglas St. Clair" writes:

I've been in search of stainless steel staples to wrap up a boat
restoration. The staples will be used to apply upholstery to the various
wood pieces (seats, side pockets, side rails, etc.).

snip

How about monel?

Arrow has them.

HTH

--
Lew

Visit: http://home.earthlink.net/~lewhodgett for Pictures

Douglas St. Clair

How about monel?

Arrow has them.

HTH

Thanks for the response...

Check out...
http://www.gottagetagadget.com/t50serstapsp.html

What does 1/2" measure? Is that 1/2" width, or leg length? If you're
familiar with these, based on the description of my staple gun would these
work?

Thanks again,
Doug

Bob La Londe

I haven't found stainles staples, but I did get some nickle/copper that
claim to be rustproof from Home Depot when I was putting some marin carpet
on a board for the rear deck of my Waco Jon Boat.

--
Public Fishing Forums
Fishing Link Index

webmaster
at
YumaBsssMan
dot
com
[...]

Brian Combs

you might also look into the plastic staples through Raptor.

Brian

Rusty O

Try Swan Secure Products at http://www.swansecure.com/. They carry stainless
steel brads and staples. I use their type 316 stainless brads to pin small
wood pieces together while the epoxy sets up. If for some reason I can't get
them out again it's no big deal. I also used their bronze ring shank nails,
and epoxy, to fasten the deck and cabin top plys to the laminated beams.

Rusty O