Douglas St. Clair

Default Stainless Steel Staples?

Does anyone have a source for stainless steel staples (for a pneumatic
staple gun)?

Thanks

Calif Bill

"Douglas St. Clair" wrote in message
Does anyone have a source for stainless steel staples (for a pneumatic
staple gun)?

Thanks

Depends on the size. If they are the same size as the hand stapler (T-50 I
think) Home Depot carries them. Look for the monel staples.

www.stainless-nails-brads-staples.com/Arrow.htm They seem to carry lots of
brands.

D0N ßâiley

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Douglas St. Clair" wrote in message
Does anyone have a source for stainless steel staples (for a pneumatic
staple gun)?

Thanks

Yep, Home Depot carries them.
About $8.00 a box.

db

Ron White

I am assuming that you need them for a 1/4 narrow crown gun? and you want to
leave them in place?
If that is the case, you might find some help on the rec.boats.building news
group. I have heard of plastic type nails that can be left in composite
constuctions but in cases I have knowledge of the staples where removed
after they served their purpose. Anyway, try the recreational boats building
site.

--
Ron White
Boat building web address is

Lawrence James

My Home Depot doesn't carry anything for pneumatic staplers. I'm guessing
you have a 3/8" gun? That is the common size for ulpholstery guns. I found
them online and had to buy a pretty good sized box so it has been a long
time. Monel staples, while also rust resistant are notthe same as stainless
steel. I prefer stainless steel. I got several boxes of regular staples
too, once you start using an air powered stapler, you'll never go back to a
hand one :-)

http://www.1stoptoolshop.com/Prod.cf...9&CategoryID=7

This is the link to the 3/8 staples but these guys have a lot of other sizes
too.

"D0N ßâiley" wrote in message

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Douglas St. Clair" wrote in message
Does anyone have a source for stainless steel staples (for a pneumatic
staple gun)?

Thanks

Yep, Home Depot carries them.
About $8.00 a box.

db

CaptMP

If all else fails, try a boating place. West Marine? BoatUS? Try to buy
locally if you can though since the mega-stores already have too much money!
Mike
Ed

Ace hardware, Home depot... pretty much any hardware or marine store...
they are called Monel...

BEWA Go grab a magnet somewhere in the store and TEST THEM.... I
bought a box once from Home depot and someone had returned them AFTER
they swapped them out for the cheap ones...

CaptMP wrote:
If all else fails, try a boating place. West Marine? BoatUS? Try to buy
locally if you can though since the mega-stores already have too much money!
Mike

Rick & Linda Bernard

Monel is not Stainless. It is softer but more corrosion proof in salt
water. In staples monel would be a good application. In a boat shaft
stainless would be a better application.

Stainless is Iron and chrome plus some other things depending on which type.

Monel is 70% copper and 30% nickel

. ..

CaptMP wrote:
If all else fails, try a boating place. West Marine? BoatUS? Try to

buy
locally if you can though since the mega-stores already have too much

money!
Mike

Dan Krueger

Stainless steel contains chromium and nickel. Better grades include molybdenum.

Monel is less corrosive than 316 stainless steel so it is your best solution
since they are readily available for most staplers.

Dan

Rick & Linda Bernard wrote:
Monel is not Stainless. It is softer but more corrosion proof in salt
water. In staples monel would be a good application. In a boat shaft
stainless would be a better application.

Stainless is Iron and chrome plus some other things depending on which type.

Monel is 70% copper and 30% nickel

. ..

CaptMP wrote:

If all else fails, try a boating place. West Marine? BoatUS? Try to

buy

locally if you can though since the mega-stores already have too much

money!

Mike

Stainless Steel Boat? CCred68046 General 7 March 25th 04 03:32 AM
Coating steel hulled houseboat??? [email protected] General 3 November 5th 03 08:40 PM
Stainless Prop Damage M.E. General 15 September 25th 03 02:39 AM
Electric Grounding - steel hull Joao Penha-Lopes General 18 September 9th 03 04:12 PM
Stainless Prop Trim Tab M.E. General 1 August 6th 03 02:52 AM