posted to rec.boats.building
Ed

Default Two lever engine control

Hello boat swamis,

26 foot sailboat with a 1gm10 yanmar

My question is does anyone know if a two lever sidemount engine control with
a robust friction adjuster (for throttle creep) is still being made like the
old teleflex morse. It seems they only make a single lever control now.
There is one out there but the nearly 600USD price is out of my league.
Also isn't there a used boat part place in RI, I just can't remember the
name.

Thank you all.

posted to rec.boats.building
ray lunder

There's a pin in the Morse control shaft. If you remove this you have
two independent controls. Pacific Marine Exchange in Bellingham, Wa.
has one of these new in a box at the bottom of the stairs on the next
to the top shelf for $129usd. I think that's a bargain even with the
shipping to RI. You need the purpose built wrapped cable for this
system and a way to attach the second lever. Keep padding.