Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Keith

Default zero clearance cutting tools?

Fein Multimaster has a cutting blade attachment that can plunge cut.

--

Keith
__
"Evan Gatehouse" wrote in message
I am going to trim some plywood frames that intersect the hull right at

the
shoulder position of a few quarterberths. These are either 1/4" or 3/8"
plywood frames, tabbed both sides to the hull. By the way, I'm a naval
architect and mech. engineer so I have a pretty good idea of what I can

and
cannot cut

I can cut down into the glass with a jigsaw, but the baseplate of the

jigsaw
will bump the hull before I get close enough - and I would like to run the
cut line right down the hull for about 12".

So the tools I have available a

- angle grinder with cut-off wheel
- dremel tool with fiberglass cutting discs
- jigsaw

Any other tools that might work for a tight cut against the hull through
fiberglass tabbing? The only other one I can think of is a reciprocating
saw ("Sawz-All") but they are a bit hard to control and still get a nice
close to the hull.

I recognize I'll have to do some grinding / sanding of the last of the
tabbing but would like to minimize the amount of this.

--
Evan Gatehouse

you'll have to rewrite my email address to get to me
ceilydh AT 3web dot net
(fools the spammers)