WCD

Default Putting registration numbers onto my Zodiac

I want to put my state registration number onto my Zodiac. The local
sign guys I've talked to say they can only give me a plastic sign on a
rope to hang over the side. I can't believe that's the only way to get
numbers onto this boat.

Any suggestions on some kind of decals, stickers, or paint that would be
suitable for a rubber inflatable?

Thanks.
Steve

Your sign guy's letter are flexible but not pliable enough to stay on the
inflatable surface.

The marine stores sell special letter that will stay on much better. I've
seen them in West Marine catalog.

Myself, I used stencil and a waterproof bold felt pen to put mine on.. They
fade and I have to redo them about every other year since my dingy stays in
the water/sun all season.

The plastic sign seems to work for a lot of people..

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Jim

I too, tried that number plate. Great water scoop on a plane, in the
way, they break, fall off.

I write the numbers on the hull with a good "Marks-a-lot" type marker,
and have glued one of those small, square, rubber blocks for the
registration sticker in the proper place. It will require re-gluing
every couple of years.

I've seen the sticker on the transom, on the outboard, both being
technically illegal. Best to try to look as legal as possible.

Jim