Steve

Default Outboard security conundrum

Many have commented critically about the odd (international orange) that I
paint verious things. However, I'm hoping that if these same critics see my
stolem motor or anchor on another boat, they will say 'That must be Steve's!
No one else would paint xxxx with such an ugly color".

I have already recovered a stolen anchor because it was easy for to
identify.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

John Smith

"Steve" wrote in message
Many have commented critically about the odd (international orange) that I
paint verious things. However, I'm hoping that if these same critics see

my
stolem motor or anchor on another boat, they will say 'That must be

Steve's!

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

I identify all my all my easily removable property with fluorescent day

glo pink and green paint. I figure that the two colours side by side stand
out as obviously mine. I loan equipment out at various events and no one has
ever loaded my equipment on the assumption it is theirs.
Peter.
fishing boat "Bluefin" (under serious renovation)

rhys

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 15:47:15 -0800, "Steve" wrote:

Many have commented critically about the odd (international orange) that I
paint verious things. However, I'm hoping that if these same critics see my
stolem motor or anchor on another boat, they will say 'That must be Steve's!
No one else would paint xxxx with such an ugly color".

I have already recovered a stolen anchor because it was easy for to
identify.

Steve, you are definitely a fan of the "lesser of two evils" approach
to life. I have a sky-blue boat. A bright orange anchor would send the
marine squad of "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" leaping into their
lavender Zodiacs to do an intervention on my appalling colour sense.

On the other hand, I'd get a free anchor. Decisions, decisions.

R.
Stephen Baker

rhys says:

I have a sky-blue boat. A bright orange anchor would send the
marine squad of "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" leaping into their
lavender Zodiacs to do an intervention on my appalling colour sense.

Colour sense is one thing - but think of it as being trend-setting,
iconoclastic, and un-lemminglike. It may catch on....

Steve "do you want a pretty boat, or lots of stolen anchors?..."
Stephen Baker

rhys says:

That's what they said about the Freedom rigs, but we're not there yet

That's because the Freedoms are soooooo boring to sail. "Set and forget" is
great, but what do you do for the other 23.5 hours in the day? ;-)

Hey, I like the Slocum method of tacks on the deck. That's not pretty
when it works...

Good choice, but the legal p[rofession has effectively made that
counter-productive.

Steve