Adam

Default Chart Table size.

Could you tell me what is minimum chart table size, what practical size ,
and what is overdone.
Any web address about that - How To?
Thanks in advance
Adam

Steve

On a very large vessel/ship, that might be the size of a standard chart.
Since there is no standard size for chart, I just measured 530 (which
happens to be on my wall). It's about 37"X44". Then I measure a Canadian
chart and it is about 48" wide.

So for a normal size cruising boat, full size would be impactical.. Half
size would be my next choice that single fold isn't too hard on the chart.

Since I fold my charts to 1/4 for storage, my table is about 24" deep and
30" plus some elbow room over to the side for my LapTop.. That is also about
the same size as a MapTech chart booklet (or Yeoman plotter).

If I need to open the whole chart for a more comprehensive view and long
range planning, I take it to the cabin table.

I think I had a pilot house, I would try for nothing less than half size.

All depends on the room you have to work with..

--
My opinion and experience. FWIW

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Rufus

You'd like LARGE. But usually we don't have the space.

You might be able to hinge a large chart table down from the cabin
overhead. The table itself can also fold, and if the fiddles cause it to
form a box when folded, it can contain a number of charts laid flat on
top of each other. If you are, or can get, accustomed to desk work
standing up, you have more options on where to hang a folding char
table. This will work best if the mechanism is simple and fast, so it's
possible to pull it down in a second for a quick check, then immediately
push it back up out of the way. Life will also be better if the chart
table does not interfere much with the galley...

Rufus

What size kicker? Matt Lang General 6 May 22nd 04 09:49 PM
Boating/Yacht Club Flag Size? Gould 0738 General 14 April 27th 04 07:45 AM
Wow! The Nobeltec chart library now available for Ten Bucks! (Not Spam.) Gould 0738 General 10 October 9th 03 06:52 PM
Online Admiralty Chart Symbols? Trevor Dennis General 2 August 18th 03 07:58 PM
support for a table? NLC Boat Building 0 August 1st 03 02:56 AM