Steve

Default Chart Table size.

On a very large vessel/ship, that might be the size of a standard chart.
Since there is no standard size for chart, I just measured 530 (which
happens to be on my wall). It's about 37"X44". Then I measure a Canadian
chart and it is about 48" wide.

So for a normal size cruising boat, full size would be impactical.. Half
size would be my next choice that single fold isn't too hard on the chart.

Since I fold my charts to 1/4 for storage, my table is about 24" deep and
30" plus some elbow room over to the side for my LapTop.. That is also about
the same size as a MapTech chart booklet (or Yeoman plotter).

If I need to open the whole chart for a more comprehensive view and long
range planning, I take it to the cabin table.

I think I had a pilot house, I would try for nothing less than half size.

All depends on the room you have to work with..

--
My opinion and experience. FWIW

Steve
s/v Good Intentions