NLC

Default support for a table?

In the cabin of the 20 ft boat I'm building, I want there to be a
triangle shaped table that can be lowered to the seat level so the
seats and the table become one big sleeping area. I am trying to
figure out what would be the best way to attatch the table so it can
be raised and lowered. My first thought was the pneumatic lifter from
a computer desk chair, but it only gives you around 6 inches of lift,
which isn't really enough. The only other thing I can think of is a
pipe that fits and slides inside of another pipe but that is kind of a
hack job and I wanted it to be easier to raise,lower,and secure than
that. My contraints are it has to be 11 inches tall in the lowered
position, and at least twice as high as that in the table height, up
position. I guess I could be a little more flexable in the raised
height, but around 22 inches would be ideal. Can anyone think of
something that would work for this? Anything that has a part like
this that I could take apart and use?

thanks,
NLC

Support for Bush's War Tanks... NOYB General 59 July 2nd 04 04:51 PM
transom support Mike Kasiorek General 7 May 10th 04 10:23 PM
transom support question Cowboy67 General 5 March 30th 04 01:11 AM