posted to rec.boats.building
cerics

Default ATOMIC 4 ENGINE

Hello

I recently took the exhaust manifold off my A-4 engine and the studs
from the block came out also. I bought a stud replacement kit from
Moyer marine but the threaded end going into the block is 7/16 and
the hole in the block is about 5/8. Does anyone know how or if I can
replace the stud with such a large hole in the block. Is there a
bushing of some sort that would expand when threaded? If this fix is
all a pipe dream does anyone know where I can get a used block that is
rebuildable. Or a used engine in running condition?

Thanks for any help

Eric :crybaby:

posted to rec.boats.building
Matt Colie

Eric,

What you are saying just does not make any sense. There is No Way to
et a 5/8 stud through an A4 manifold.
I think you need to look very carefully at what came out.
Maybe PO used thread inserts when he broke off the studs when he took it
apart. This instead of getting the broken studs EDMed or otherwise removed.
Matt Colie

cerics wrote:
Hello

I recently took the exhaust manifold off my A-4 engine and the studs
from the block came out also. I bought a stud replacement kit from
Moyer marine but the threaded end going into the block is 7/16 and
the hole in the block is about 5/8. Does anyone know how or if I can
replace the stud with such a large hole in the block. Is there a
bushing of some sort that would expand when threaded? If this fix is
all a pipe dream does anyone know where I can get a used block that is
rebuildable. Or a used engine in running condition?

Thanks for any help

Eric :crybaby:

posted to rec.boats.building
Drew Dalgleish

sounds like it had a helicoil insert installed that came out with the
stud. Take a good look at your old studs to be sure. You can get
helicoil inserts at any automotive supplier.