Keith

Default No,it's the STUPID season!

Having a bad Christmas Brian? Or you just off the meds again?

"Brian Nystrom" wrote in message
Yeah, that's just what we need, more drunken idiots out motoring around
on the water. That's really brilliant. Do us all a favor and post your
party plans here, so we can tell the authorities where to bust your
sorry asses.

--
Regards

Brian

Backyard Renegade

Brian Nystrom wrote in message ...
Yeah, that's just what we need, more drunken idiots out motoring around
on the water. That's really brilliant. Do us all a favor and post your
party plans here, so we can tell the authorities where to bust your
sorry asses.

Yeah, drunken parties on the water should be reserved for those who
can afford "proper" yachts, and private docks to tie them to!
Scotty, my raft would have some rules, like NO BOAT SHOES ALLOWED!
Stephen Baker

Scotty says:

my raft would have some rules, like NO BOAT SHOES ALLOWED!

They build shoes shaped like boats?!?

Go figure..... ;-)
Kotos

Brian Nystrom wrote in message ...
Yeah, that's just what we need, more drunken idiots out motoring around
on the water. That's really brilliant. Do us all a favor and post your
party plans here, so we can tell the authorities where to bust your
sorry asses.

Hey Brian, you failed to get up Darlene or Trish's ass once again? Oh
well, there's always 2005...
Backyard Renegade

Default It's the silly season!

"Andrew Butchart" wrote in message ...
Concept proposed over beer with one of my brothers.

A "party barge" for a one-way trip down the river with roughly 12 people and
assorted frosty beverages. Power to be provided by a combination of
scantily clad slave girls (not bloody likely according to my wife who
refuses to be scantily clad) or an old outboard that someone thinks they may
have in their shed. This is intended to be a more "classy" trip than the
current method of multiple canoes lashed together around an old skiff.

Design considerations:
- it needs to be able to be taken down to the river and returned in the
backs of several pick-ups, or on a special purpose - not road-worthy trailer
/ hay wagon.
- it needs to be able to handle various shallow sections of the river
without falling apart, possibly requiring people to jump off and drag it
across (10" draft?).
- the vessel needs to be stable enough to handle people walking around on
it.

What quickly came to mind was to have each couple assemble a small,
extremely cheap boat that "could" be used independently if the barge
survives. Individual boats would be shaped rather like Phil Bolger's
"Brick" and have the ability to be attached together. The over-all vessel
would then be decked with 1/2" plywood leaving the center open for "frosty
beverage" storage, or having this task performed by half-barrels lashed to
the sides.

Ideas?

A little ot but here in CT we have a great raft race every year from
Hartford. One year there were a bunch of guys on this old raft with
oars, a couple of chairs, mugs, and a couple of kegs of beer. The race
started and they were making pretty good way for a bunch of drunks
until they stopped and started moving up stream! Nobody rowing, no
sail, just against the current. Of course we all soon realized they
had a small outboard hidden under the keg right in the middle of the
raft, steered by turning the keg. That was many years ago when
"responsible" drinkers were left alone on the river, ah for the good
ole' days.
Scotty

Andrew Butchart

"Backyard Renegade" wrote in message
om.
A little ot but here in CT we have a great raft race every year from
Hartford. One year there were a bunch of guys on this old raft with
oars, a couple of chairs, mugs, and a couple of kegs of beer. The race
started and they were making pretty good way for a bunch of drunks
until they stopped and started moving up stream! Nobody rowing, no
sail, just against the current. Of course we all soon realized they
had a small outboard hidden under the keg right in the middle of the
raft, steered by turning the keg. That was many years ago when
"responsible" drinkers were left alone on the river, ah for the good
ole' days.
Scotty

In the 70s we used to have river "races" where the most important thing was
making sure that you had your beer caches close enough together. I still
remember one group having their case of beer dropped 20 feet from the bridge
above to them. Fortunately it missed their canoe. It's amazing that to the
best of my knowledge that no one drowned. I used to make good money
checking the camp sites on the river bank through the summer for empties
though. Even now, "frosty beverages" are the choices for many people on the
river. For me it's water and a camera although my brother and his friends
are all at least 15 years younger than me and still invincible I suppose.

A couple of years ago I tried to get some interest in a river "fun race"
going again but got scared off by insurance issues.

--
Andrew Butchart

http://www.floatingbear.ca

gk

This shuld be interesting to you

http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/r/p...e2/update2.htm

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 14:26:01 -0500, "Scott Downey"
wrote:

[...]

Andrew Butchart

That was my original inspiration.

--
Andrew Butchart

http://www.floatingbear.ca

"gk" wrote in message

This shuld be interesting to you

http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/r/p...e2/update2.htm

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 14:26:01 -0500, "Scott Downey"

Boating season is upon us! Joe Parsons General 23 April 16th 04 11:50 PM
Sigh: The Season, She is Over Harry Krause General 21 November 25th 03 04:29 AM
Last trip of the season RGrew176 General 4 October 20th 03 04:49 PM
Boat Show Season Capt Lou General 1 September 16th 03 02:14 AM
Boating season winding down? Don White General 0 September 1st 03 03:56 AM