Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Michael

Default What to do after removing carpet

Hi,

I have a 24' 1977 Sea Ray with a really awful carpet which needless to say
has seen better days. I am in the process of sprucing up my boat and one of
the things I want to do is to remove the carpet and put a more user friendly
coating on the decking. Something that will stand up to the hot Texas sun
but will also allow for easy cleanup if I decide to go the Gulf and fish a
little.

I am open for suggestions. I will probably repair a couple of soft spots
around the engine cowling as well as in the galley. I had thought of a
couple of options.

1. Remove the carpet/glue, then either epoxy or fiberglass gel coat the old
plywood and any new that I might install. Then paint the water proofed
wood.

2. All the above (without the paint) and spray "bed liner" on the decking.
I don't know if that would be a good idea or not, since I haven't checked to
see if the bed liner material will adhere to fiberglass/epoxy finished wood.

Any thoughts on this matter would be appreciated.

Michael in Dallas

ugly permanent boat rug / carpet - options? [email protected] General 10 September 1st 20 05:26 PM
bayliner Capri 1999 original floor / carpet gets soaked from rain sometimes [email protected] General 8 July 2nd 04 10:30 PM
Carpet for trailer bunks Doug Kanter General 9 June 22nd 04 03:15 PM
marine carpet tcoop General 9 February 9th 04 03:46 AM
Removing windshield from 36' Trojan Tricabin Gary General 1 October 26th 03 10:37 PM