Jonathan

Default Setting Bungs outside

I am pushing to finish a project reseating and resealing the deck/hull
connecting machine screws on a 28' Sabre. I need to set new teak bungs
in the toerail where I removed them to access the screws.

Given the generally lower temperatures I am working in. (A *lot* pf rain
has delayed this project) I am not sure about setting them in epoxy.
the Sabre factory says they were originally set in Resorcinol.

Any thought would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Jonathan

Pekka Huhta

Jonathan writes:

I am pushing to finish a project reseating and resealing the deck/hull
connecting machine screws on a 28' Sabre. I need to set new teak bungs
in the toerail where I removed them to access the screws.

Given the generally lower temperatures I am working in. (A *lot* pf rain
has delayed this project) I am not sure about setting them in epoxy.
the Sabre factory says they were originally set in Resorcinol.

I dip the bungs in spar varnish before inserting. Protects the endgrain
and seals the bung.

Remember, it isnt the glue keeping bungs in, it's the tight fit.

Pekka
--
http://www.puuvene.net/
Lew Hodgett

"Jonathan"writes

I am pushing to finish a project reseating and resealing the deck/hull
connecting machine screws on a 28' Sabre. I need to set new teak bungs
in the toerail where I removed them to access the screws.

Given the generally lower temperatures I am working in. (A *lot* pf rain
has delayed this project) I am not sure about setting them in epoxy.
the Sabre factory says they were originally set in Resorcinol.

Any thought would be greatly appreciated.

Out of the weather as in inside, varnish works well.

In your situation, resorcinol makes sense.

I use lots of epoxy, but this is not the best application for it IMHO.

HTH

--
Lew

Visit: http://home.earthlink.net/~lewhodgett for Pictures

Eide

If the toe rail is going to be bright you might think of using varnish. It
sucks to deal with epoxy and resorcinol when a simple solution like varnish
is available. And, no cleanup - be as messy as you want!

"Jonathan" wrote in message
I am pushing to finish a project reseating and resealing the deck/hull
connecting machine screws on a 28' Sabre. I need to set new teak bungs
in the toerail where I removed them to access the screws.

Given the generally lower temperatures I am working in. (A *lot* pf rain
has delayed this project) I am not sure about setting them in epoxy.
the Sabre factory says they were originally set in Resorcinol.

Any thought would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Jonathan

need help- setting timing on Mercruiser Alpha One 3.0LX Patrick M. Ring General 4 June 5th 10 12:33 AM
Outboard pitch setting uncle k General 1 July 1st 04 02:01 AM
what throttle setting gives best fuel economy? RB General 10 April 9th 04 03:34 AM
trim tab vane setting RB General 11 March 31st 04 04:44 AM
Setting Trim Position and Trim Limit Switches M.E. General 1 August 5th 03 02:00 AM