akingston

Default Usin a wringer off a wringer washer

Hello I an new to the internet and new to this group I was wondering if
someone would answer this question.
I recently built a canoe had a lot of trouble making the joints in the
boards mostly because not having good contact with the tool in the shaper
..Was wondering if you could use the wringer off an old winger washer as an
impute or output .if there are plans somewhere in the internet I wish
someone tell me about them Thanks

Al

Jim Woodward

There are a number of spring loaded stock feeder devices you can buy for
production runs in a table saw, shaper, etc. They come with wheels that
rotate in one direction (so there's no kickback) or both directions.
see
http://www.woodstockinternational.com/board_buddies.cfm

I've never used them on a shaper (I don't own a shaper) but they work very
well on a table saw and a router table.

--
Jim Woodward
www.mvFintry.com

..
"akingston" wrote in message
able.rogers.com...
Hello I an new to the internet and new to this group I was wondering if
someone would answer this question.
I recently built a canoe had a lot of trouble making the joints in the
boards mostly because not having good contact with the tool in the shaper
.Was wondering if you could use the wringer off an old winger washer as an
impute or output .if there are plans somewhere in the internet I wish
someone tell me about them Thanks

Al

Terry Crisp

Use a featherboard or two. That will hold the stock in place.

William R. Watt

When cutting long pieces from lumber for, say, chine battens and gunwales,
I use a hand held circular saw with a rip guide. I'm dircectly over the
cut where I can see what's happening, and the pressure of the rip guide
against the wood is in my hands, to borrow a phrase. The only imprecise
part of this operation is, I'm told, the wobble in the blade due to the
imprecise nature of spindles on hand held curcular saws. The cutting I've
done doesn't need to be that precise.

"Terry Crisp" ) writes:
Use a featherboard or two. That will hold the stock in place.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm
Roger Martin

http://www.oneoceankayaks.com/Wshophtm/Shop1a.htm
has a good explanation of a router setup. Plus its a great site and the
information is invaluable.

--
www.bribieisland4x4hire.com
VW Kombi Camper Buy Backs

david scheer

like terry said use a feather board costs nothing I use 19mm mdf but use
anything.
instructions:- piece of scrap say 140mm wide by 600mm long around cut one
end to 45 to 60 degrees its not critical, then cut saw cuts about 70 mm up
from the angle cut end, spaced at about 3mm apart.
make one you will get the idea, can be used one pushing down and one
against the fence just cramp them on to table or fence, an advantage is the
safety it provides I have an auto power feed but still at times I use a
feather board
david (carpenter/joiner)