William R. Watt

Default Usin a wringer off a wringer washer

When cutting long pieces from lumber for, say, chine battens and gunwales,
I use a hand held circular saw with a rip guide. I'm dircectly over the
cut where I can see what's happening, and the pressure of the rip guide
against the wood is in my hands, to borrow a phrase. The only imprecise
part of this operation is, I'm told, the wobble in the blade due to the
imprecise nature of spindles on hand held curcular saws. The cutting I've
done doesn't need to be that precise.

"Terry Crisp" ) writes:
Use a featherboard or two. That will hold the stock in place.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm