Jim Woodward

Default Ritchie Globemaster on eBay

The antique auto people (I owned a Bentley once) use proprietary sealers
made for sealing small leaks -- drain the tank, dump in a quart of sealer,
slosh around for half an hour, let it dry -- which seem to work better than
you might expect. Not, certainly, suitable for a boat, but like radiator
sealants, something that may get another year or three before you have to
bite the bullet.

Try Hemmings for an ad, or a Web search.

--
Jim Woodward
www.mvFintry.com

..
"Fred Williams" wrote in message
news
Thanks Glenn! Just what I was looking for. I'll Check out the

metalworing
group, I just hope I don't get to like it too much, my life doesn't have
room for another "interesting" news group :-(

Fred

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
You might ask that question on rec.crafts.metalworking. Boat tanks have
their own set of problems but antique tractors have a completely
different set. When a boat's fuel tank starts leaking the best solution
for safety's sake is to rip it out reweld or replace it. You will
probably never find a replacement tank for an antique John Deer and a
poorly doe repair or fitting a new non-original one will seriously hurt
the value.

JB weld might be a temporary fix for small holds but it is not going to
stand up to the vibration on a crack. Better to pull and clean the tank
and send it to a restorer. He will weld or silver solder it and grind

Brian D

Thanks, Glenn. I passed the info on just now (Sunday). Told them to check
here or via your Rutu web site.

Brian

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
Brian D wrote:

Glenn,

More info on the fuel tanks? Kracor's are pretty good. I'm planning

on
custom aluminum for my particular application, but there may be several

of
the other Tolman builders who may be interested. If you've got pix and
price, I'm happy to pass on the info.

I checked the labels this afternoon. They are 36 gallon Kracor model #
88-7003. 14W x 31L x 20.5H. They have float type senders, unscreened
pickup tubes and anti-syphon hose connections. I installed them and
then had second thoughts about how high they made the center of gravity
of the fuel so pulled them out and ordered custom aluminum tanks from
Ezell.

I paid about $300 each for them but will entertain any reasonable offer.
What really surprised me was that the custom made aluminum tanks cost
only $50 a piece more.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

David Flew

Default Ritchie Globemaster on eBay - Verdict -

I was expecting an appeal on the basis that the sentence was too severe and
would distract from working on boats .....
"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message

Diver wrote:

Quiet in the court room, please.

Mr. Glenn Ashmore from Macon, Georgia, has been found
guilty of advertising in this news group the fact that
he is selling a Ritchie Globemaster compass on eBay.

Mr. Ashmore is sentenced to updating his web site situated
at http://www.rutuonline.com, which this high court found
to have suffered undue neglect during the past months.

The update of the said web site shall be comprehensive,
i.e. it shall encompass, but not be limited to, all
projects that have been finished or are under way in
connection with the construction of the 45' cutter Rutu.
Evidence for the existence of several such projects is
available to the court from this news group.

Furthermore, this high court rules that Mr. Ashmore, upon
comprehensive web site coverage of such projects, shall
have the right to announce the sale of any surplus
materials from said projects in this news group.

Appeals against this decision may be directed to /dev/nul.

The session is closed.

Judge Dread.

Oh S*$&! I have to plead guilty. I will don my hair shirt and try to
serve some of my sentence this week. ;-)