James W. Sloan

Default drawings/plans WW2-era needed

Chris,

Also check out http://tinyurl.com/tues for some line drawings and other
interesting info.

James

James W. Sloan

What ever happened to that cut away model of a Liberty Ship that sat
outside the Chamber of Commerce at the causeway entrance for years?

They moved it to downtown Brunswick as a permanent exhibit at the waterfront
(aka: Mary Ross Park). I believe they gave it a good cleaning and spruced it
up, it looks pretty good now.

James

Rick

Glenn Ashmore wrote:

What ever happened to that cut away model of a Liberty Ship that sat
outside the Chamber of Commerce at the causeway entrance for years? I
was afraid it was going to rust away. Sure hope someone had the good
sence to preserve it.

Oh geez, what a flashback! I lived on St. Simons Island when I was a kid
and remember seeing that thing all the time. I had not even thought of
it for years until you mentioned it.

All kinds of memories flooding back, the smell of the Hercules plant,
the Wonderful Marshes of Glynn, WMOG, and gar fishing.

Thanks for the reminder.

Rick

Glenn Ashmore

Rick wrote:

Oh geez, what a flashback! I lived on St. Simons Island when I was a kid
and remember seeing that thing all the time. I had not even thought of
it for years until you mentioned it.

All kinds of memories flooding back, the smell of the Hercules plant,
the Wonderful Marshes of Glynn, WMOG, and gar fishing.

Thanks for the reminder.

And the Deck restaurant, the slightly sulfur taste of beach water,
shrimp boats seining 300 yards off the beach, the active Coast Guard
station, Crafts Court, stores that sold real marine stuff in the
village, a spot or two of vacant land. All gone.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

General tips needed for first timers news General 5 June 4th 04 06:39 PM
Newbee advice needed Misiora General 5 March 31st 04 06:30 AM
Scientists needed for TV series Kris Scheppe General 0 January 23rd 04 05:09 PM
good internet sources of "electrical" components needed............... Courtney Thomas Boat Building 0 August 27th 03 06:24 PM
Volunteers Needed To Locate Radio Pirate, Tampa Bay Area Boating Safety Comm Volunteers General 14 August 22nd 03 01:43 AM