William R. Watt

Default Opinion Sought - Derision Begins.....

Old Nick ) writes:
On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 19:33:31 GMT, "James W. Sloan"
wrote something
......and in reply I say!:

I think you may have PC (Per Corell?, who AFAIK has _not_ posted to
this thread) of the 3d boats, confused with PC Ford, (who _has_ posted
in this thread).

I confuse both with a PC Cruiser which is not even a boat, or a even a Ford.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm
James W. Sloan

Yes, the "PC" I mean, appears, from the spelling to be you. I've had my say
and don't intend to comment further on it.

Now "P.C." if that is me you mean, is the founder of Cyber-Boat, that you

can
find in Yahoo group and an old site on the web.

Backyard Renegade

"James W. Sloan" wrote in message link.net...
Yes, the "PC" I mean, appears, from the spelling to be you. I've had my say
and don't intend to comment further on it.

In the interest of full disclosure, I should mention that a couple of
years back, after some discussion off list, I turned Per down on an
idea he had about forming some kind of partnership to allow him a
platform to market in the US. Seems that starting a small boat
business is difficult where he is due to regulation, space, shop and
other things. Although this is only assumption, I was also under the
impression that he may not have had access to a shop at the time.

Although I tried to, in a respectful manner, get him to understand
that I felt there might be a place for his technology in the boat
business, however I did not see where it could do anything but slow
things down for those of us build S+T boats under 15 feet that need
very little if any interior framework as structure. That if I did go
through all the trouble of plotting, drawing, cutting and assembling
the framework he suggests, (requiring a computer, cad program, CNC
machine etc.) I could have already built the boat, using S+T
methodology (requiring a bevel, batten, saw, hammer, scribe, and
ruler). Then of course I would remove and discard that framework later
anyway. He still insists that his offset 90 degree framework creates
efficient spaces for foam in a boat, even small ones, but I want to
store more than foam. My opinion is that it would create nothing but a
mess of edges and blind spaces that would have to be dealt with or
removed. I had many more questions, but I see no need to continue the
list here. He obviously did not take well to being turned down and
soon thereafter started with the derogatory remarks and name calling,
focusing in on Payson (a friend), Bolger, and an un-named "hippie"
builder that seemed to have a great resemblance to me? That is when I
started getting into it, "on list". I used to have a lot of respect
for Per, even defended him several times, even recently after
suffering previous attacks, only to be chopped off later at the knees,
again.

For the record, I do not always suggest one type of building although
admittedly, I get involved in more conversations about stitch and tape
as that is my best suit. To the original poster, I hope this answers
your question, and as with the original poster, this is the last I
will say to this subject.
Scotty from SmallBoats.com

P.C.

Hi

"Backyard Renegade" skrev i en meddelelse
om...
"James W. Sloan" wrote in message

link.net...
Yes, the "PC" I mean, appears, from the spelling to be you. I've had my say
and don't intend to comment further on it.

In the interest of full disclosure, I should mention that a couple of
years back, after some discussion off list, I turned Per down on an
idea he had about forming some kind of partnership to allow him a
platform to market in the US. Seems that starting a small boat
business is difficult where he is due to regulation, space, shop and
other things. Although this is only assumption, I was also under the
impression that he may not have had access to a shop at the time.

Speculation

Although I tried to, in a respectful manner, get him to understand
that I felt there might be a place for his technology in the boat
business, however I did not see where it could do anything but slow
things down for those of us build S+T boats under 15 feet that need
very little if any interior framework as structure. That if I did go
through all the trouble of plotting, drawing, cutting and assembling
the framework he suggests, (requiring a computer, cad program, CNC
machine etc.) I could have already built the boat, using S+T
methodology (requiring a bevel, batten, saw, hammer, scribe, and
ruler).

Guess you don't even read what I write, seem you have _one_ oppinion and even I
never wrote one single word about S or G , this is all you se, ------- this
also are the only angle you use to attack what you seem not even to read or try
understand, Then you start complaining that a boat a cirtain size ask a
framework AND somthing to rest the floors , and instead of realising how smart
it realy is, to have floor foundations and a strong assembly framework in one,
assembled in a few hours , cut with a simple jigsaw you continue talking about
apples while I repeatly written about roses ;

Then of course I would remove and discard that framework later
anyway.

Right you can only se one way to build a boat, and then you take the chance to
steal this guy's bread out of his mouth as this is not how you do things the
only way you can understand, now you suggest anyone to remove the framework in a
well thought design , as your boats do not carry such hippi things as floor
support , you don't make things that way , so this is wrong, --- right.

He still insists that his offset 90 degree framework creates
efficient spaces for foam in a boat, even small ones, but I want to
store more than foam.

And this you say without even understanding the concept, You alway's made boats
like this, and anyone who build different make it wrong , right. And even some
guy develob a brand new fantastic system, based upon this guy's profesional
knowleage, then boats must be made without frames as so you alway's did, right.

My opinion is that it would create nothing but a
mess of edges and blind spaces that would have to be dealt with or
removed.

So you destroy my concept to be able to throw dirt and say it will not look well
; sure after you torn out the nice fabric it will, ------- but how was it then
you wanted to make the floor supports, you know those you just torn out as you
do not understand the idear or even accept other way's.
Yet another prove that you don't even read what I say, but even vorse you don't
se the graphics I place. ---------- Why do I say so ; well, the mess you talk
about belong to the old fasion way to build that _you promote, not to the 3D-H
building method as thjat is develobed just to be free from the unfinished edges
that take all that time fiddeling. But as a boat hull made with a 3D-H assembly
framework simply is covered with panels all way round where the hell do you se
"the mess of edges and blind spaces" ? , they are not there except in your mind
, you just need another exchouse to attack , so you say you want to tear the
nice assembled framework out , --- well _that_ will make a mess, but what do
that prove that you destroy the concept only to "prove" somthing.

I had many more questions,

I have not seen any questions, but only somone that havn't read or seen what he
attack ,
Not even understood , ---------- but on the other hand maby you understand
enough to know what a new and exiting method challance , guess the next point in
what direction your protectivism about old way's and personal attack against new
and more clever way's to perform a boat plan , now listen who I been offending
by challancing the old fasion way's ;

but I see no need to continue the
list here. He obviously did not take well to being turned down and
soon thereafter started with the derogatory remarks and name calling,
focusing in on Payson (a friend), Bolger, and an un-named "hippie"
builder that seemed to have a great resemblance to me? That is when I
started getting into it, "on list". I used to have a lot of respect
for Per, even defended him several times, even recently after
suffering previous attacks, only to be chopped off later at the knees,
again.

So this is what this is acturly about, --------- no room for new and exiting
idears. You don't even care to emagine what a brand new idear will bring, it's
just a challance oposed rigid scaled boat plans. You call it an "attack" when
somone come up with a brand new concept that will help the amature builder to a
safe result, and you take it even further as you don't reconise today's craftmen
and designers, but want us all to buy the plans for constructing 70 year old
designs as these are your friends .

For the record, I do not always suggest one type of building although
admittedly, I get involved in more conversations about stitch and tape
as that is my best suit. To the original poster, I hope this answers
your question, and as with the original poster, this is the last I
will say to this subject.

Im'e not sure about that ; from the first step I took to contribuate with a
brand new building method, I have had the same protective crowd on my back.
Those people who by defination can not come up with somthing new, simply hate
you if you are clever, show skills and prove your idears. It started with some
Bolger fanatic that soon had the rest of the crowd with him, attacking the
Full-Scale plans concept, --------- the "argument" was that paper would scrink
or expand with moisture in the air, and as you remember Scotty, that crowd used
that argument to close down Cyber-Boat. Finaly there was an "argument" and even
proven wrong , this was enough to crowd together the ones protecting the
boatbuilding craft against any new Hippie idear ; NO , --------boats must be
flat bottomed and ugly, unsafe and made from the most unsuited material ,by
somone doung the design without a proper education on the behave of others
safety. Boatbuilding is not about boats but about throwing dirt on any new one
who think he is more clever than yourself , --------- isn't that what's it is
about in this forum, as soon as you challance the tradisional cheap scaled
drawings ?

Now you all know how much luck you had to close down Cyber-Boat, stealing the
bread from somons mouth , and I know you guy's well enough to know, that you had
the joy just doing that, and think you protected the dead designers and killed a
piece of the remaining proud craft. By interfering and fooling , and when you
ansver I will tell you a few slimy stories about how this made the exchouse any
criminal need to fool somone, you se to harras somone by social means , is just
as criminal as doing it fysicaly, and by chance the coverds alway's been either
trying to crowd together socialy as if that take the responsability off your
back, ------- it don't .

Anyway I over time found out that this is more an american canadian list than
anything else. And maby you americans don's value the ones that have the guts
to fight what they know is true. Social harasment never builded a world except
one that would fit in a cave, throwing dirt saying the one you hit stink. But I
am no coverd , I develobed the computer programs that your "friends" then now
can steal, and I never made boatbuilding into an art of dirt , ----------- but
ofcaurse , I am a boatbuilder not somone sitting in a safe job, using the spare
time stealing the bread from somon's else mouth and filling that sense into my
life. I acturly made boats, I realy develobed new and exiting methods and used
computer for that, I did not make boatbuilding into a social harasment
protecting any friend, Im'e no coverd and I don't hide behind somon's dirty
back,
But if I was still building boats, I would rather build one, instead om making
it deal with throwing dirt and assembling a crowd to make a group deal with
throwing dirt, ------ but sure that is my personal choice, ------------- you
think you had your laugh on my behave together with your friends, well I guess
you had and you already made enough harm .
Still I wonder who is the coverd ; the one who throw the dirt or the one that
is hit.
Also I wonder who is the hero ; the crowd that found somone to harass or the guy
who restand such attacks.

You didn't even understand before you started your attacks, ----- would you even
start throwing dirt unless you knew there was a crowd of Bolger fanatics to
support any attack on this danish boatbuilder, who think he is better than
flatbottom Bolger.

Scotty from SmallBoats.com

Per Corell from denmark.

Plywood & Fiberglass deck Adam Boat Building 4 September 27th 03 12:13 PM
Poplar plywood Jacques Mertens Boat Building 25 September 26th 03 07:11 PM
Plywood limits ? VG Boat Building 8 September 10th 03 07:55 PM
Do plywood hulls absorb water & expand? Gary Warner Boat Building 5 August 18th 03 09:52 PM