Unfortunately, I just followed the directions on the bottle of Gorilla
Glue that really do not emphasize the required clamping. It may have
some applications but as it seems tricky to use, I will avoid it. I
lalso wonder if it is really "waterproof" since I seem to be seeing it
give up on prolonged saturation.

W. Watt:
Your use of a light to spot voids is interesting.

William R. Watt

Your use of a light to spot voids is interesting.

That's standard procedure among people who use Lauan for boat building.
It's more or less a necessity, due to the prevalence of voids in the
material.

That's nice to read. I first reported my discovery of the technique in
this here newsgroup back in late 1999 when building my first boat
(Dogskiff) out of the cheap plywood.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm
William R. Watt

Your use of a light to spot voids is interesting.

It works for thin plywood.
Someone repeated here what he read in a book of a boatbuilder noticing a void
from the way dew settled on the hull overnight.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm