William R. Watt

I use it as a replacement for urea forlaydehyde (plastic resin) adhesive.
The polyurethane cures at 50 deg F instead of 70 deg F and the pieces can be
repositioned up to 45 minutes after application.

Like the other poster I've used it for laminating, ie gluing two pieces of
plywood together to make a thiker piece, using weights while curing.

I mostly use polyurethane mastic with screws in chine batten constuction
instead of the more costly taped seam construction with epoxy (although
David Bead at www.simplicityboats.com) has been experimenting with
polyuretyane taped seam construction. I use inexpensive zinc plated wood
screws which eliminates the need to buy clamps to hold
pieces togehter while curing. Sometimes I remove the screws after the glue
has set and fill the screw holes with drops of polyester resin. I like to
build small, cheap, lightweight, boats I can pickup and carry in one hand.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm