Bruce Nichol

Goo'day,

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 19:16:26 GMT, "Roger Derby"
wrote:

I bought a bottle for ship model building. Worthless. Even though the
seams are fit quite well, the high clamping pressure is not available.

After reading the directions carefully, I gave it to my son.

What were the symptoms?
And did it work?
How long before it was effective?

Can anyone suggest a task where it would be superior to other adhesives?

Roger

http://home.earthlink.net/~derbyrm

"Brian Nystrom" wrote in message
Lew Hodgett wrote:
wrote:
DO NOT use luan or gorilla glue if you value your life in your
homebuilt boat.

Why anybody would wasre time with that garbage is beyond me.

It is even useless on land based projects.

Totally overpriced and under peckered any way you look at it.

Gorrilla Glue and other polyurethane glues work really well IF AND ONLY IF
you use them properly in an appropriate application. To get good results,
you need to have a very close fitting seam and strong enough clamping to
prevent the glue from expanding in the seam (expansion outside the seam is
normal and not a problem). They should NEVER be used to fill gaps! Edge
gluing luan panels in a S&G boat is NOT a good application for poly'
glues.

You can't blame the glue for the failures of the builder.

Regards,

Bruce Nichol
Talon Computer Services
ALBURY NSW Australia

http://www.taloncs.com.au

If it ain't broke, fix it until it is....