Default Sealand "Traveler" marine head

Has anyone used this
product?(http://www.sealandtechnology.com/pro...ges.asp?pid=37
I have a small 1970s 24ft Sea Camper houseboat. I can install a head
and holding tank but fear a stinky cabin and that would ruin my boat
and travels. I also would not look forward to hose replacement in the
area I plan to install it. This model of Sealand Marine Traveler marine
head has it's own 9 Gal holding tank and can be pumper out. All odour
would be confined to the shower stall and it has its own exhaust fan. I
worry that it only holds 9 gals, but only uses a pint of onboard water
per flush. There is only the two of us. I would think that a week would
be max before a pump out. This conflicting problem has held my project
up for months and I can't make my mind up. Can any of you offer any
advice.. so I can get on with things. Thanks for your relpys, Bud

Keith

I used a similar one from Sealand. Problem with those is that they
aren't vented overboard. Even though they seal well when closed, the
"stuff" will build pressure and you get a little blast of unpleasant
air when you open it to use or flush it. Always crack the seal before
using it... if you have a bowl with contents and you open the slide
valve to empty it, you may well get a blowback. They're better than
nothing though...

Peggie Hall

Keith wrote:
I used a similar one from Sealand. Problem with those is that they
aren't vented overboard.

I think you have the SeaLand Marine Traveler confused with their
SaniPottie (portapotty), Keith...'cuz the Traveler IS vented overboard.
All tanks (including permanently installed portapotties fitted for
pumpout) have to be vented, or you can't pump 'em out...USCG regs
require that all WASTE tanks be vented to the outside of the hull,
because methane is flammable.

This the 711-M28 Marine Traveler
http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|51|806|81394&id=105225

It has a real china bowl..in fact, the same bowl as a VacuFlush and is
designed to use pressurized flush water.

I recommended it to Bud for his 25' trailerable houseboat...he's looking
for second opinions.

--
Peggie
----------

Thanks Peggy,
I got the Sealand head and all the plumbing to install in today. I
beleave it was the best for my boating needs. Thanks for all your kind
help. Bud

P.S. Anyone who wants to wants to get a "heads up" on waste systems
really should make the small investment in Peggy's book...She does a
good job of answering many common questions.

Magic Head Stephen Trapani Cruising 21 July 16th 04 01:35 AM
Manual marine head Peggie Hall Boat Building 27 April 21st 04 10:41 PM
ANNOUNCE: Steerage Marine - All Africa Marine Search Engine in South Africa [email protected] Marketplace 0 March 8th 04 12:13 PM
ANNOUNCE: Steerage Marine - All Africa Marine Search Engine in South Africa [email protected] Marketplace 0 February 27th 04 11:18 AM
ANNOUNCE: Steerage Marine - All Africa Marine Search Engine in South Africa [email protected] Marketplace 0 February 18th 04 09:08 AM