Mike Sr.

Boy, Now I'm shocked!! One of your group advised not to use Glen_L
plans due a poor resale value of plywood boats??

1. I"ve been doing some reading in books, mags, and internet forums for
about a year now and all I've seen is "Glen-L is one of the best".
2. All I've seen is a well built plywood boat, glassed on both sides,
is so much better than a fiberglassed production boat.
3. A good wooden boat is worth it's weight in gold due to the great
detail work that goes into them and last so much longer than present
day boats. Wouldn't this increase it's value, rather than decrease its
resale value.

So who's right? I do understand some home-builts look terrible,
squared off, with poor paint and overall poor quality. But I
understand this is in the minority of boat builds. The normal is a
"great looking, high quality, well made piece of art, built to last a
lifetime of enjoyment".

Mike,
Pensacola, Florida

P.C. Ford

On 10 Aug 2005 21:24:48 -0700, "Mike Sr."
wrote:

[...]

If you are concerned about getting a decent return on investment, buy
a restorable boat.

M Russon

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 22:02:16 -0700, P.C. Ford
wrote:

If you are concerned about getting a decent return on investment, buy
a restorable boat.

On the other hand,
If your looking to build something that you can call your own, and
don't care what the other 1/2 of the world thinks whom actually have
never built a mashed potato mountain on a dinner plate, build whatever
you like and call it yours. You can always claim originality....)

M Russon