Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default cleaning an anodized aluminum mast?

bligh wrote:
It's a gold colored matt finish. I think it's called anodizing but has
a faded stripe pattern of wear I'd like to restore if it's possible.
It's horizontal and all the way up the mast. Thanks for any info you
may have.

There's an interesting thread on DIY anodizing at www.catsailor.com in
their open forum ... follow some of the links which also will give you
a good look as well ...

And they actually talk about how to do a mast (it does have to be
completely immersed, but somebody came up with what I thought was a
neat trick for that ), how to do color and more

Interesting read if nothing else

gary