Terry Spragg

bligh wrote:

It's a gold colored matt finish. I think it's called anodizing but has
a faded stripe pattern of wear I'd like to restore if it's possible.
It's horizontal and all the way up the mast. Thanks for any info you
may have.

There's an interesting thread on DIY anodizing at
www.catsailor.com in
their open forum ... follow some of the links which also will give you
a good look as well ...

And they actually talk about how to do a mast (it does have to be
completely immersed, but somebody came up with what I thought was a
neat trick for that ), how to do color and more

Interesting read if nothing else

gary

You some kinda shill, paid to get us to spend hours logging in and
groping for one article? Please post a direct url. this sounds like
a goodie. Do they use a sponge wired to an electroplater to do the
mast without immersing it?

We used to have a similar kit for doing gold plating on electrical
terminals in military connectors. It used a deadly poisonous gold
cyanide plating paste, and an electrical "Q" tip. The gold was a "B"
class consumable! Could never figure out how to actually order the
gold, though;-)

Thanks,
Terry K