Steve Lusardi

Default cleaning an anodized aluminum mast?

It is possible to re-anodize, but it must be completely dissassembled and
all aluminum parts to be done must be sanded, repaired, brushed or polished
as the case may be. Any blemishes will really show, so surface prep is
important. The cost will be dependent on the size, as this process is
accomplished in a vat of chemicals.
Steve

"bligh" wrote in message
It's a gold colored matt finish. I think it's called anodizing but has
a faded stripe pattern of wear I'd like to restore if it's possible.
It's horizontal and all the way up the mast. Thanks for any info you
may have.

Paul Oman

Steve Lusardi wrote:

It is possible to re-anodize, but it must be completely dissassembled and
all aluminum parts to be done must be sanded, repaired, brushed or polished
as the case may be. Any blemishes will really show, so surface prep is
important. The cost will be dependent on the size, as this process is
accomplished in a vat of chemicals.
Steve

"bligh" wrote in message
.. .

It's a gold colored matt finish. I think it's called anodizing but has
a faded stripe pattern of wear I'd like to restore if it's possible.
It's horizontal and all the way up the mast. Thanks for any info you
may ha

-------------------------

there is an aluminum filled moisture cured urethane paint available that
will almost make it look like a new galvanized mast and very durable
(albeit not the gold anodized you currently have).

paul oman
jose

Paul Oman wrote:

Steve Lusardi wrote:

It is possible to re-anodize, but it must be completely dissassembled and
all aluminum parts to be done must be sanded, repaired, brushed or
polished as the case may be. Any blemishes will really show, so surface
prep is important. The cost will be dependent on the size, as this process
is accomplished in a vat of chemicals.
Steve

"bligh" wrote in message
. ..

It's a gold colored matt finish. I think it's called anodizing but has
a faded stripe pattern of wear I'd like to restore if it's possible.
It's horizontal and all the way up the mast. Thanks for any info you
may ha

there is an aluminum filled moisture cured urethane paint available that
will almost make it look like a new galvanized mast and very durable
(albeit not the gold anodized you currently have).

paul oman

What is it?
--
jose