Terry Spragg

Brian Whatcott wrote:

To plate an anodized mast, you would need to strip it completely first
(back to bare metal that is - losing the thick oxide film.)

Brian Whatcott

Well, sure, so far, but the wonderful thing about future shoK! is
that once in a while, a problem you thought you had was solved
yesterday and you just needed to find the solution amidst the monkey
trees and buffalo stampeed.

For all I know, there is now a blue goo nano paste that will
monogram the entire mast in my monogram, etched in real emeralds, a la:

______________

| /\
| / \
|/
|\
| \
| \
\ /
\ /
\ /
\/

Imagine that, all in heart shaped emeralds, sparkly green on ebony,
like a Guuci handbag, at 500 bucks a gallon, spray or roller
applicable, printed plastic overlay film artwork and batteries not
included. It will work like galvanic corrosion does.

It's coming, it's gonna be popular.

Why not yesterday?

Programmed marketing of technology is why not. Advertising budgets
is why not, we all got to buy the black and white version, first.
Distributorships need to be sold, first. Psyches need to be molded,
first.

I thought there was news on the horizon. I thought there was a
revelation in the wind.

Terry K

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 09:52:09 GMT, "Roger Derby"
wrote:

If you want to, Google "gold plating wand" and ignore the Harry Potter hits.
Rio Grande used to sell the kits, but I couldn't navigate their web site.
Check out http://www.caswellplating.com/kits/plugnplate.htm if you really
want to build a goldplater.

According to Caswell, for aluminum, you first "zincate," then nickel plate,
and then put on the gold.

Note this is not at all the same thing as anodizing.

Roger

http://home.earthlink.net/~derbyrm

"Terry Spragg" wrote in message

snip

We used to have a similar kit for doing gold plating on electrical
terminals in military connectors. It used a deadly poisonous gold cyanide
plating paste, and an electrical "Q" tip. The gold was a "B" class
consumable! Could never figure out how to actually order the gold,
though;-)

Thanks,
Terry K