David Flew

Fair comment. I'd assumed that one would stop filling the boat with water
when it got to sort of normal bilge level .... putting water into the boat,
not "filling" it. I'm used to old wooden boats which always have some water
in the bilges. I stand by the suggestion of trying to get as much of the
wood wet for as long as possible before you launch.
David

"Old Nick" wrote in message
On 13 Apr 2005 06:18:16 -0700, wrote something
......and in reply I say!:

I agree.

I feel that the advice may be a bit strong. But the post did seem tom
recommend basically filling the boat with water, and could be taken
wrongly.

I have broken a small boat that was full of water. Boats were built to
take pressure from outside, not inside.

I also feel that making the outside really wet will closely
approximate water-borne conditions, without saturating the inside.

Hi

It is true that you can wet from inside but please please please
remember what water weight. Acturly I heard a few times from old
sailors, how wooden lifeboats broke when a new captain wanted to ensure
safety onboard , realy a boat hull can contain quite a few ten of tonns
and if you fill up a hull by accident or porpus you will se some
dameage out of reach of any repair.
Please "wet" but please know that you will get just as much from the
humidity in the air if just the bottom are covered than from pouring
tonns of water in just asking for trouble.

WHY _ARE_ WE HERE?

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music

!!
")