Tailgunner

Default Bottom Paint

I just heard that a local guy mixes jalapeno powder and Roundup(tm) in
his bottom paint to prevent growth. He swears by it.

I thought this was a good one.

Tailgunner
HOWdie

Black pepper has been added and used along the North Carolina coast as
an additive for years from my experience

DSK

HOWdie wrote:
Black pepper has been added and used along the North Carolina coast as
an additive for years from my experience

Where? I grew up in New Bern and have been every place in coastal NC.
I've heard a lot about adding black pepper, red pepper, Texas Pete,
juice from distilled datil peppers, etc etc, to paint for anti-fouling,
but nobody has ever shown that it does anything at all except make the
paint flake off.

AFAIK it's an old wives tale.

DSK

Bottom paint vs performance Phil DiVincenti General 7 September 10th 04 07:42 PM
Interlux Bottom Paint Question Mike Cruising 6 June 17th 04 12:24 AM
Bottom Paint katysails ASA 27 March 24th 04 09:07 PM
Replacing bottom paint Mike Cruising 4 February 12th 04 02:28 AM
white film on green bottom paint, running dditto General 1 August 18th 03 12:28 AM