Brian D

I would choose to just believe what greenrayled has to say and would gladly
read his posts. And a pointer to their products (web site?) would be fine
with me and since I'm ASKING for it, it's not a commercial solicitation that
so many get all wound up about.

Brian D

"Old Nick" wrote in message
On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 04:17:17 +0000, greenrayled
vaguely proposed a theory
......and in reply I say!:

I for one would happily put in vote #1 for you to simply post to the
roup and save yourself the trouble of multi-sends. It may be long, but
sounds interesting, and On Topic. There has been a lot of "discussion"
about this. If you have reasonable input, even if it promotes dissent
and discussion, that's good IMO.

Others? Opinions?

I have been designing such pulse driven led lights commercialy for over
seven years. I have designed and made (still make) all the various LED
navigation lights, including anchor lights, and cabin lights too, but
some of the cabin models are not pulsed...pulse drive works better for
*visibility*.

Yes, pulsing can increase PERCIEVED brightness, if the correct paremeters
are followed, it is a well documented human perception phenomena. You

snip of some guy going on and on...... GG

If anybody would like more information about led boat lighting design, I
would be happy to send some to them off-list...it is kinda long. I can
get carried away. ;-) -Ken